Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new update literally sucks

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 10:22 PM)
Harley99
Student
Options

I am so angry, I got my S9 literally only a couple of weeks ago, upgraded from an S6, and this update literally makes me want to go back to my S6... everything new about this update is so wrong. I hate the new way the recents are set out, swiping up is so annoying why has that changed, literally nothing was wrong with it before. I hate that the time at the top is on the left now. The notifications on the lock screen are really annoying now, you have to tap the thing to actually see them. I've also noticed that all the passwords that were saved with my fingerprint aren't working anymore, also there is no option for using fingerprint to get onto secret mode on Samsung internet anymore. This new update is the worst Samsung have ever done. I wish they would just revert back to the last update because this one is so cheap looking. Another thing is I quite liked getting rid of the buttons at the bottom and having to swipe up to see them, I don't understand why that's not a possibility anymore. Not to mention you can't turn off the Bixby button anymore, only to one press or two. This update has legitimately ruined my day...

213 REPLIES 213
CricketZiggy
Journeyman
Options
Good lock should be included with the update...
It did the trick for me on the split screens. I can easily scroll through all open apps and select for dpkut screens or pop-up windows. Works great. That should be the default. I'm surprised it isn't as it is a Samsung program
0 Likes
Matt25
First Poster
Options

I am someone who frequently uses snapchat to text people who dont have numbers and the problem with this new update to me is that the snapchat notification icon is no longer color oriented. Before this, texts icons were blue and snaps were red and videos were purple, now it's all gray and dull, can I change it back? Do I just need to change my theme?

0 Likes
Matt25
First Poster
Options

I dont like how they removed the hiding navigation bar with regular icons.

I dont like the fact they removed stacking apps which I found really useful before.

I dont like how the new notifications from snapchat which used to be color oriented for each type of message.

And I especially dont like the new giant look everything has.

I do like the new look of the camera but I think it has too many features to keep scrolling for what mode I want especially when trying to take a quick photo of something before it's gone using pro mode.

And that's what I have to say

0 Likes
dmatthieu
First Poster
Options

Is it me or is the new update like Apple iOS??? WTF Samsung ....who authorized this *****??

0 Likes
trin911
Apprentice
Options

I hate how the icons and stuff are now huge and you cant reduce them 

0 Likes
ProfoundDemon
First Poster
Options

This new update is garbage. SAMSUNG you should be sooooo embarassed with yourselves. If i wanted an iPhone i would buy one, but i bought a samsung so i didnt have to be use a technology illiterate phone. Revert back to the good setup, please.

0 Likes
LenD
Student
Options

S8 owner

I also think that this update was a million steps back. Hate navigatimg this ****! Magnifier no longer works just crashes. Can't shut down back ground apps as mentioned used to be abke to close the ones you wanted too now ut all ir none. Camera is a joke to try and figure out. Still waitimg to see what else this update screwed. Can you still buy the old UI Back?
Or are we permanently screwed. Samsung Reveiws raved about this Juvinile looking UI..... REALLY? Did they ask 5 year olds?

I dont think one adult would say this UI and operatimg changes are a improvement by any strech l would have begged them to fire the ass that made this.

0 Likes
SHAUNDAL777
First Poster
Options

This update looks like it had a five year old user in mind. WTF is wrong Samsung I been loyal since the note 3 this is ridiculous. Who in their right mind thought this was acceptable.  iPhone here I come!!

0 Likes
TomD1
Apprentice
Options

@Harley99 has expressed exactly what I was going to say on this forum  I NEVER go as far as voicing my opinion on forums such as this. But this new update has incensed me.  WHAT THE HELL IS SAMSUNG THINKING. 

Create another update where it allows you to choose between the old style and the new  

Rugers1mama
Student
Options
Samsung just lost me as a customer of four phones all for sale! As much as I hate iPhones I'm out!