Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new update literally sucks

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 10:22 PM)
Harley99
Student
Options

I am so angry, I got my S9 literally only a couple of weeks ago, upgraded from an S6, and this update literally makes me want to go back to my S6... everything new about this update is so wrong. I hate the new way the recents are set out, swiping up is so annoying why has that changed, literally nothing was wrong with it before. I hate that the time at the top is on the left now. The notifications on the lock screen are really annoying now, you have to tap the thing to actually see them. I've also noticed that all the passwords that were saved with my fingerprint aren't working anymore, also there is no option for using fingerprint to get onto secret mode on Samsung internet anymore. This new update is the worst Samsung have ever done. I wish they would just revert back to the last update because this one is so cheap looking. Another thing is I quite liked getting rid of the buttons at the bottom and having to swipe up to see them, I don't understand why that's not a possibility anymore. Not to mention you can't turn off the Bixby button anymore, only to one press or two. This update has legitimately ruined my day...

213 REPLIES 213
JackieJones
Apprentice
Options

Can you go back on ehe S8?

0 Likes
stuart_johnston
Student
Options

Not unless you pay a shop to do it or jailbreak it.    

0 Likes
JackieJones
Apprentice
Options

That's ridiculous!

0 Likes
Pearse69
First Poster
Options

This update is incredibly bad. It looks cheaply made and I really hope they change it back to the original. Please do something about it. Makes me want to throw this phone away.

Oliniusz
First Poster
Options
Button Mapper, I have set up Bixby button:
- single press: Back
- double press: Google Assistant (in your face, Samsung - I hate your product more and more)
- long press: Flashlight

Check on Google Play
0 Likes
CricketZiggy
Journeyman
Options

My Note9 just updated and it's horrible.

The split screen is terribly cumbersome. I can't close a window intuitively. Have to select in pop-up view, then look for the X. No other way to close an app that I can find. (Update: I can close an app by swiping up. )

Alternately, In trying to get a text code to access my banking app (which I had to re-authorize this device), I can't manage to get split screen so that I can copy the code. When re-selecting the bank app, it reloads, and locks me out. 

There might be some fine updates here, butbthe split screen management is not one of them. It is a big step backwards. Horrible. 

I have more complaints, but I'll stop here. 

0 Likes
pimmimac
First Poster
Options

One of the biggest issues is the screen space is actually smaller. I have an s+ and now have black bars top and bottom. The new swiping system works sporadically. Trying to change between open apps is now difficult, I used to be able to see all open apps now I have to scroll. If I wanted an iPhone interface I would have bought an iPhone. This will probably be my last Samsung. 

0 Likes
Blot
First Poster
Options

And the awful landscape button that appears at the bottom right which I cant seem to turn off

0 Likes
Tallanvor77
Apprentice
Options
The update looks like some crappy windows phone. Samsung, can you ussue another update with the option to revert back to the previous one. That was the reason I chose S9. Looked sleek and impressive. Now looks like a Nokia windows phone.
0 Likes
JackieJones
Apprentice
Options

I found a way to switch back to the old screen format with the smaller icons again. Let me know if you want to know how?

0 Likes