Did you mean: 

Original topic:

This new update literally sucks

(Topic created on: 17/02/19 09:24)
Harley99
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am so angry, I got my S9 literally only a couple of weeks ago, upgraded from an S6, and this update literally makes me want to go back to my S6... everything new about this update is so wrong. I hate the new way the recents are set out, swiping up is so annoying why has that changed, literally nothing was wrong with it before. I hate that the time at the top is on the left now. The notifications on the lock screen are really annoying now, you have to tap the thing to actually see them. I've also noticed that all the passwords that were saved with my fingerprint aren't working anymore, also there is no option for using fingerprint to get onto secret mode on Samsung internet anymore. This new update is the worst Samsung have ever done. I wish they would just revert back to the last update because this one is so cheap looking. Another thing is I quite liked getting rid of the buttons at the bottom and having to swipe up to see them, I don't understand why that's not a possibility anymore. Not to mention you can't turn off the Bixby button anymore, only to one press or two. This update has legitimately ruined my day...

213 REPLIES 213
Doogel
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes this was the last straw, i am selling my s9 and go to google pixel. 

Srew bixby and this cheap, ugly and co fusing update.

Why have a digital navigation bar of it can't be removed? Thus just makes it part of the chinbar(might aswell make it black so it matches the frame).

pppm1112
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I kinda grown attached to 8.0 Oreo, this One UI is like a nightmare I cannot wake up from.

Burkeen330
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Screenshot_20200306-191139_Chrome.jpg

This is what I get when I send them my complaint 

0 Likes
defeedme
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Lol of course because they simply don't give a $hit . U need to rollback with odin
0 Likes
marrast
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

where is my hbo go app?

my samsung doesn't know...

Screenshot_20200310-003316_Finder.jpg

0 Likes
Nessie1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I agree 100%. And Samsung take no responsibility and could care less how unhappy everyone is. When I call their answer is to wait until the next update but they can not say if or when it will happen and if it will correct any of our complaints. They got our money (in my case almost a thousand)  and now they don't care if we are unhappy with our phones. 

0 Likes
Nevesonod
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Random dilaing 10 times this morning always the same. Autoredial or some other new feature? The update that wasn't. Worst ever and first time thinking i may be headed elsewhere if samsung continues to remove functionality.
0 Likes
BackDaws
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Turn off lift to wake and lift to ear auto calling. You can try that,. I don't have those problems, my beef is the ***** camera software we have been forced with 🙄

0 Likes
BackDaws
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Lift to wake and direct call, turn them off and see how you get on.
0 Likes
Dave1231
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
They've even done it with the new watch, £250 quid for a smart watch 3 weeks later a new update has made hps stop working, I be paid for the watch on contract and guess what! THEY HAVE TOLD ME I NEED TO TAKE IT TO A SAMSUNG SHOP, NEAREST IS 30 MILES FROM ME, it's going to cost me fuel money, parking money and 3 hours of my time,and after all that they cant fix it, it's not covered by the warranty and they even told me to wait for the next update that should sort it out. ***** you samsung seriously go suck my nans sausage!! Your customer support is even worse than apple and that's dragging the bottom catching fish sperm.never again will I bother, kiss my shiny metal ass,il go back to sending pigeons with messages!
0 Likes
MsMurcile
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Unfortunately they put a bixby icon on the screen in some places and you still can't get away from accidentally hitting it.
Kevinkart
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I went into the system apps and turned off every option I could under the Bixby name, revoked all permissions and disabled what I could. I haven’t looked into rooting the phone and removing anything even remotely connected to Bixby, but that is a distinct possibility in the near future. 

Robain79
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I totally agree. My note just updated last night, and the more I mess with it today, the more I dislike it. My text messaging is now garbage. When I long press on a message to delete it, the option box pops up and I suppose the text is white along thither the box...I cant see any options!! The people I've texted are listed by the first letter and the number I dont have saved are indistinguishable from each other...this sucks

Nessie1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I hate the update but even more than that I hate Samsung attitude about the update. Which when I complained was to just live with it until the next update (there is no time frame) which may or may not fix it. Proof that once they got our money for our expensive phones they could care less whether were happy with them.

0 Likes
Robain79
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I did figure out if you change themes, you can find one where you can at least see the options

0 Likes
Theswamp
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I completely agree!!

Mine updated last night and it's awful!!! Looks really cheap and amateur. Makes me want to revert back to an iPhone.

Baltimore24
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just got the Note 9 a few days ago and I am honestly looking inro how to remove it. The app icons looks like something someone drom an elementary did it. My edge panel doesn't work properly, all the keys are at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. The messages finctiof is so basic, I want to screen. Instead of tapping an alarm to stop, now you have swipe, what a pain. Whoever did this upgrade, needs to go on vacation and come back and redo it. Worse upgrade ever!

0 Likes
Pearse69
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This update is incredibly bad. It looks cheaply made and I really hope they change it back to the original. Please do something about it. Makes me want to throw this phone away.

LenD
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

S8 owner

I also think that this update was a million steps back. Hate navigatimg this ****! Magnifier no longer works just crashes. Can't shut down back ground apps as mentioned used to be abke to close the ones you wanted too now ut all ir none. Camera is a joke to try and figure out. Still waitimg to see what else this update screwed. Can you still buy the old UI Back?
Or are we permanently screwed. Samsung Reveiws raved about this Juvinile looking UI..... REALLY? Did they ask 5 year olds?

I dont think one adult would say this UI and operatimg changes are a improvement by any strech l would have begged them to fire the ass that made this.

0 Likes
Samsong613
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I never have written anything bad about samsung in the past since i had the s2 s3 s4 s5 s6 note 3 note 5 note 7 (still the best phone ever) now the new update on the note 8 literary sucks
elle8706
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Yes this new One UI looks childish, and is aesthetically repulsive to look at. the split clock on the notification screen triggers anxiety because it's like you constantly have a notification you can't get rid of. Why do they force these changes to UI instead of giving people the power to choose what they want their UI to look like. The point of Android is to be able to personalize the user experience instead of being boxed in like apple. I don't like the simple minded, basic approach of apple spoon feeding the masses one set of product and interface but it least it looks good. This tacky ***** Samsung rolled out is disgusting and annoying to engage with.