Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This new update literally sucks

(Topic created on: 01-04-2019 05:57 PM)
Harley99
Student
Options

I am so angry, I got my S9 literally only a couple of weeks ago, upgraded from an S6, and this update literally makes me want to go back to my S6... everything new about this update is so wrong. I hate the new way the recents are set out, swiping up is so annoying why has that changed, literally nothing was wrong with it before. I hate that the time at the top is on the left now. The notifications on the lock screen are really annoying now, you have to tap the thing to actually see them. I've also noticed that all the passwords that were saved with my fingerprint aren't working anymore, also there is no option for using fingerprint to get onto secret mode on Samsung internet anymore. This new update is the worst Samsung have ever done. I wish they would just revert back to the last update because this one is so cheap looking. Another thing is I quite liked getting rid of the buttons at the bottom and having to swipe up to see them, I don't understand why that's not a possibility anymore. Not to mention you can't turn off the Bixby button anymore, only to one press or two. This update has legitimately ruined my day...

213 REPLIES 213
Morganelewis
Apprentice
Options

I actually have the opposite issue with the navigation bar. I saw they came out with their own version of gestures in the new update and decided to give it a try for a week or so. I then went back to the buttons because I just preferred them. Now for my job, I constantly switch between apps and I love the super quick double tap to go back to the previous app thing. Unfortunately, after switching to gestures, my navigation bar stays hidden until I swipe up from the bottom which slows me down just enough to ***** me off. After using gestures, I have absolutely no way of making my navigation bar stay visible at all times like it was when it first updated! I contacted Samsung support and they just recommended I do a full factory reset which I'm not going to try since I have so many preferences set up to keep my phone to my liking. So hey, maybe if you do what I did, you'll be able to get your hidden nav bar back! Also, everytime I swipe up from the home screen to try to get my navigation to show up, it opens Samsung pay -_-

0 Likes
CricketZiggy
Journeyman
Options

I'd like to know how. I'd especially like to know how to get my split screen options back. I'd like to be able to stack them or windows style layers/fans . So I can see them all in one screen.

JackieJones
Apprentice
Options
I only know how to get the screen back to the original, scenario. Go into the new mail app in Apps and open it. It gives you the option of keeping that tome or going back to the gmail. There are only 2 options there. As soon as you do that it reverts back. Not sure about split screen as I don't use that.
0 Likes
Don5
First Poster
Options

I agree with everything you said. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Try to send a mass text without it being a group conversation! Take a look at the Gallery app...poor layout. Cheap doesn't even begin to describe the icons, everyone at work agrees, it looks like a child's coloring book! All updates should have an un-update option. You never know what you're getting until it is too late. Helpline is absolutely no help, they can't even believe what they are seeing. Either allow an un-update or buy back this now junk phone! Bye bye Samsung...Goes for all your products

JackieJones
Apprentice
Options

I found a way to revert back to the old format. You go into the apps under settings and go into that new mail app icon. It'll be blue and it looks different than your other mail. You open it up and gives you two options and you can go back to the other one. It takes everything back the way it was before.

0 Likes
Morganelewis
Apprentice
Options

Just found out how to split screen! Hit your button for the recent apps and when you're on an app, long press on the apps icon at the top and it gives a drop down menu for split screen

0 Likes
CricketZiggy
Journeyman
Options
How do we get the stacked screens back? I'd like to see all available windows on one screen instead of cyclying through page by page
CricketZiggy
Journeyman
Options

It would be nice if we didn't have to figure these things out. It's not really intuitive.

Morganelewis
Apprentice
Options

So this isnt exactly what it used to be but I hope itll help a little. Go to the Galaxy Store and download "Good Lock" and install the task changer. Mess around until you find something that works a little better for you. I agree we shouldn't have to find work arounds for our thousand dollar phones but it is what it is for now. They also make an app called "Edge Touch" where you can customize the touch on parts of your curved screen to prevent accidental touch when reaching across the display.

Zoo1514
First Poster
Options
Agreeed.....even my themes are jacked up...not even close to what they were before. This new update sucks balls!!!!!
0 Likes