Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The back of S9 has come away from the screen

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 08:11 PM)
MaybeMe
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

I had a notification on the phone saying a new sd card had been inserted (which I hadn't done) and when I took the phone out of the case I noticed that the back of the phone has come away from the screen.

The phone works fine but it has detached from the top to the bottom on the left hand side!

Is this fixable or is it time for a new phone?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

This is most likely a battery issue. Batteries can swell up when they are going bad causing it to slowly push out the back. 

I would get the phone checked by a professional to make sure this is the problem and consider replacing the battery if you still love your s9.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
DeViantSpice
First Poster
Options
My sister's is the same. It seems to get worse as it charges & if its used while plugged it, the heat off it it ridiculous. we took it to the 02 store. After a three hour wait the best information he could give us was to switch it off when it overheats. I would never be able to fit. he was extremely sorry aftet his father passed & refuses to wear it. This was a Christmas present in 2019 from her young sons * now she's doing her best to get a similar one.
0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

This is most likely a battery issue. Batteries can swell up when they are going bad causing it to slowly push out the back. 

I would get the phone checked by a professional to make sure this is the problem and consider replacing the battery if you still love your s9.

0 Likes
MaybeMe
Journeyman
Options

I think it's too far gone to be sorted, it would need the back to be replaced or it's time to chuck and get a new phoneDSC_0002.JPG

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

It looks like its £59 for the battery replacement through Samsung for a s9, but there could be extra charges. Is the back damage/cracked. If its not cracked and it's just the glue they should need to reapply it after replacing the battery anyways. Is everything else working great on your device and are you still happy with its features. Hope this helps you decide if you want a repair or not.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/mobile-device/

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MaybeMe: Hi there. I've sent you a private message regarding this issue. If you can respond at your earliest convenience, I will get this escalated for you.

MaybeMe
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Andrew :smiling-face:  I've replied and hopefully this can be easily sorted.

0 Likes
MaybeMe
Journeyman
Options

Just thought I'd update this since I'm on the forum looking for answers to something else...

I did get it fixed and yes, 3 years later it happened again... I left it on charge for too long over a few weeks and it forced the back off again and once more I didn't notice when it first happened because I had a silicone back on it.

Hey ho

0 Likes