Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible New Samsung Update

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 01:48 PM)
QueenAlexandra
First Poster
Options

Now, I  know there might be some people out there that are riveted by this new update and how it has changed just about everything.  However, I am not part of that group and am sour towards the update.  My biggest issue is with the Message application.  Before the update, I was able to customize my text messages.  By that I mean I was able to add a background to the conversations I had going on with other contacts.  Why is this important to me?  Because I am one of the individuals who has painfully sensitive eyes.  Before the update, I had my text messsage set with a dark background, a night sky, because that is the only thing my eyes could handle.  I have searched my entire phone and I cannot find a way to do this after the new update.  I am stuck with the all white background for everyone coupled with the bright teal text bubbles.  It is quite literally, painful for me to use the Message app. The white is too intense for my eyes.  Yes I can just dim my birghtness if I so need it, but then I cannot see anything else on my phone.  Sure I can just get a whole new phone and toss away the Samsung, but money is not a leisure I have. I hope everyone else's suggestions get listened to, and I really hope I can customize my text messages again because it is ridiculous that I can't; especially with my eye sensitivity. 

25 REPLIES 25
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Marcnote8 wrote:

Why is Samsung not responding to any of these complaints? Do they not care?

I've sent my feedback via the Samsung Members app  / Samsung + App which goes direct to the relevant Department.

I very much doubt Samsung will comment on a public forum here and it's rare to see official statements.

I suspect they'll take onboard constructive feedback and implement changes.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

LenD
Student
Options

@Marcnote8 wrote:

Why is Samsung not responding to any of these complaints? Do they not care?

@Marcnote8

Nope They Do Not!

HUAWEI P30 Here I Come!!

NorthernBear
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I did find a solution however. There is a "Night Mode" in your phone that switches everything to black.

Settings > Display > Night Mode 

I hope this helps :smiling-face:

0 Likes
briamarie
First Poster
Options

You can go to the Galaxy store and get a free dark theme. They even show you previews before hand what it will look like in all standard applications!! Good luck!!! 

0 Likes
Prwashington
Student
Options
I'm in the same boat. I noticed lost messages as well when I upgraded my software. Plus when I input a message it takes a while before showing up on the screen after sending. It's like I never sent anything. I too hate this upgrade
patchbell
Student
Options

just got a new update yesterday and I hate it. it's all cosmetic and makes the phone (j6+) look like it's in child mode even though it's not. big bubble boxes and big colourful text. looks childish and just awful. also shows three grey bars at the bottom instead of the no menu showing option I used to use. please can we switch back

Prwashington
Student
Options
Totally agree
0 Likes
patchbell
Student
Options

and I'll add this, none of my notifications are showing up on the loco screen. already went through all settings

0 Likes
Sosa858
First Poster
Options

Who thought this was a good idea?! I know how you feel with the eyes because I have to shove my phone in my face to see the ***** texts clearly!

0 Likes
CoachClark
Journeyman
Options

The update MORE than sucks!  My battery went from lasting all day and then some to draining in 2 hours!

Samsung isn't doing anything about it, hell no, they got paid so they're moving on to the Note 10, Note 11, Note 1,000.

I hate to say it but I'm going to pull the trigger, I have 4 lines and my daughter just got the new iPhone, it's like night and day.  I've always been loyal to Samsung but they really don't give a rat's ass.........................................GOODBYE SAMJUNK................HELLO APPLE!  Trust me, do it, you won't be disappointed!

0 Likes