Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch on without buttons?

(Topic created on: 17-12-2022 01:06 PM)
ki128
Student
Options
So, I've broken the power and bixby buttons on my S9. If the battery dies I usually push an ear ring in to switch back on once charged.

I've recently got an s21 and, just my luck, my s9 died before transferring everything I need (even though it had 20% battery apparently). 

I've since charged the s9 back up but can't switch it on. Power button unresponsive. A youtube video said hold down volume down + bixby and plug into laptop; it will boot into safe mode. No luck.

I have passwords I need to get off, as well as transfer a whatsapp account I no l9nher have the sim card for. I don't think I can do either without switching the phone on. Any ideas?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Marieke van Elst
Apprentice
Options

you can open up your phone remove the back and power it on directly from the motherboard where the power button would touch than backup your data and than trow it in the bin

ki128
Student
Options
Thanks
0 Likes
ki128
Student
Options
So I've got the back off but I can't work out what to do to switch it on.... what connection is supposed to be made here when the button is pressed? There was a tiny silver sticker that fell off the centre of red circle, should I stick it back?20221214_151637_1000000011_1671030997.jpg20221214_151637_1000000011_1671031242.jpg
0 Likes
ki128
Student
Options
Can anyone help here? Really need to get numbers off this phone I didn't back up
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ki128: It's possible that your contacts were automatically backed up to the Google account that was registered to your Galaxy S9. With this in mind, register the same account to your Galaxy S21 via Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts > Add account > Google, then head to the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Manage contacts > Sync contacts, and toggle on your Google account. 

Your WhatsApp account is backed up automatically to the cloud, so when you register your number in the app on the S21, it should prompt you to restore your backup. 

0 Likes
ki128
Student
Options
Yeah I tried that, thanks though. I literally save every number to my business or personal email.

Tried accessing them and there are SOOOOOOO many missing.

Also, more importantly I have a whatsapp account that I no longer have the sim for (well I do, but I forgot to top it up and it was disconnected). Without this, even though its backed up, there is no way to access and transfer the account without switching the phone on.

I'm thinking I might have to replace the power button cable but I can't find any videos on how to do it.
0 Likes