Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Storage inaccuracy

(Topic created on: 05-06-2018 11:40 PM)
BENCRAWFORD
Student
Options

Hi. I dont know if there is already a thread regarding thus concern and if it does, then please let me know. I purchased s9 plus from the philippines and it says on the third party app that it is made in vietnam. Under storage in settings it says 256gb but when i go to imei.com site it says 128gb. Is this possible? Im getting confused as to which information says the truth. Please help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SithLord
Voyager
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @BENCRAWFORD

As well as all your various accounts and info taking up space it's also taken up by the firmware too. 

However that's alot taken up. 

128gb is 100% not the preinstalled firmware or settings.

What it could be is the following:

1. A fake phone, however imei.com would show a different device.

2. A mistake on imei.com, it happens. To verify your device, open the preinstalled app (or download) Samsung members, once logged in using your Samsung account you can open your devices and it will list your S9 and it's storage capacity.

3. A reflashed firmware from a higher capacity device to spoof the buyer into thinking they have 256gb, when in fact they have 128gb.

Again, your Samsung members app will verify your official Samsung devices capacity.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @BENCRAWFORD

As well as all your various accounts and info taking up space it's also taken up by the firmware too. 

Did you import the phone into your own country and if so was it from a well known reputable company  ?

I'm hoping it's not a clone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
SithLord
Voyager
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @BENCRAWFORD

128gb is 100% not the preinstalled firmware or settings.

What it could be is the following:

1. A fake phone, however imei.com would show a different device.

2. A mistake on imei.com, it happens. To verify your device, open the preinstalled app (or download) Samsung members, once logged in using your Samsung account you can open your devices and it will list your S9 and it's storage capacity.

3. A reflashed firmware from a higher capacity device to spoof the buyer into thinking they have 256gb, when in fact they have 128gb.

Again, your Samsung members app will verify your official Samsung devices capacity.

BENCRAWFORD
Student
Options

This is what the mysamsung member app shows. So i guess it's the imei.com' fault.Screenshot_20180612-012202_Samsung Members.jpg