Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop notifications when connecting my phone to my car

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 06:36 PM)
Mow27
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I'm looking for a simple solution for a simple problem. When i connect my Samsung S9 to my car using bluetooth, to listen to some music, and i receive notifications, it can be really annoying. For example, if someone starts a chat in messenger, and he/she sends a lot of messages, it cuts the music and it's really annoying. 

I know i can use the Do not disturb when i drive, but i have to activate it manually every time, and desactivate it after, and i always forget to do it... Do you know a simple way to automatically activate the Do not disturb mode, or any other solution to stop notifications, only when my phone is connected with my car?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DannyT
Options
Hey there, @Mow27.

This isn't possible. The only way you could make sure DND turns on when you are in the car, is if you are in the car at the same time every day. Then you can set a schedule.

Does the music still stop if your phone is on silent?

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Mow27
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately i don't use my car at the same at the same time everyday.

And yes, the silent mode works too, but still, i always forget to turn my phone to silent mode, and doing it while driving isn't a good idea

Thank you.

0 Likes
ToiletDuck
Journeyman
Options
You can set up a Bixby routine to set dnd on when you connect to your car's Bluetooth
0 Likes
ToiletDuck
Journeyman
Options
You can also set sounds from certain apps to go to the phone instead of the Bluetooth
0 Likes