Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting on Android 10 / One UI Update

(Topic created on: 03-08-2020 04:51 PM)
Pbrennan
Journeyman
Options

I had the new Android 10 update on my A40 but have now bought a Galaxy S9 Plus as I wanted wireless charging for my car. The phone is unlocked and it's a great device in my opinion with an excellent camera. I have it set to pick up Android updates automatically but there's still no sign of the One UI 2.0 update with Android 10. I've read that the S9 Plus should definitely get this update and my Galaxy Tab S5e got it two weeks ago. Not sure why there's such a delay. When I check Software Update it reports the last security update as Dec 2019. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did you buy the phone direct from Samsung @Pbrennan  or was it originally perhaps supplied by a Network which has now been unlocked to all network's  ?

In the Samsung Members App the phone was scheduled to recieve the update in February 2020.

Updates are sent out region dependent and inline  with the phone's serial number.

Sometimes a phone can be late receiving an update if the phone was originally supplied by a Network and the Network wants to test the software to ensure it does not clash with their own network services. This is what can happen in the Uk.

Also a phone that has been imported from the country of origin to be used in another country known as a grey import can sometimes get updates slower.

You can check a lot of the information about the phone by downloading the phoneinfo app and check it's CsC.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Pbrennan
Journeyman
Options
Many thanks BandOfBrothers for your comprehensive reply. I bought the phone in CEX and I'm pretty sure it was network supplied and now unlocked.

I assume the update will come in sometime soon and meantime I'll enjoy the phone.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Pbrennan 

I hope you get an update ASAP.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes