Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still stuck on Android 8.0.0

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 05:44 AM)
RobertWest
First Poster
Options

Hi. My Samsung S9+ Dual-SIM is still on original Oreo 8.0.0, with the last security update dated November 2018. The phone was bought in the UAE, although it was never used there and the first SIM that went into it was a UK one.

These are the firmware versions (I believe) G965FXXU2BRJ8/G965FOXM2BRJ4/G965FXXU2BRJ4

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get it updated please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @RobertWest 

The issue here is probably because the phone was imported from another country so it will rely on the update being released in the country of origin and then you receiving the update from the UAE.

Unfortunately I've seen posts where people haven't received any update due to the phone being grey imported.

You could try Samsung Smartswitch but there's no guarantee you'll get the update.

On other option is a Custom Rom

You'll find lots of information and tutorials on xdadevelopers site.

Disclaimer 》

Using a Custom Rom can bring some negative outcomes if something glitches or the wrong Rom is used which can lead to stability issues and in the extreme an unusable phone.

Also because your Samsung phone is from a different country Samsung could decline support.

If they did provide support there would be a cost to put the phones firmware right.

Therefore anyone undertaking using a Custom Rom do so at their own informed decision.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

RobertWest
First Poster
Options

Many thanks for the advice. I had a horrible feeling that the only solution would be to use a Custom ROM, and thats a route I'd prefer not to take as I would be lost without a phone.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @RobertWest 

I'd certainly agree that having a stable working phone is the best option.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
djmexxc
Student
Options

Hello Robert,

I have a question, do you still own the samsung s9 plus and is it still running on Android 8?

0 Likes
Robert31
First Poster
Options

can u help me ? im stuck too in android 8

0 Likes