Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Still didnt get android pie update

(Topic created on: 15-02-2020 09:43 PM)
Naz2
First Poster
Options

I still did not get one ui update. Im using S9 SM-G960f. Is it only me or any others still did not get the update.

51 REPLIES 51
Tomerbg
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have galaxy a7 2018 and i didn't get the update.

0 Likes
Sumit1
First Poster
Options
Me neither,.. my Samsung experience is *****ty. Not getting OS update even after almost one year of release is insane eventhough its one of the so called tech giant in smartphone world. I will never buy a Samsung device or would not recommend anyone in future to any one.
0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

That's usually because the phone is from another region or your network provider hasn't released it.

Samsung release the updates pretty quick but it goes to your carrier. 

Try googling your build/base number and check you're phone is in the right region. I think some people install the firm ware themselves with the right region code for their area then start getting regular updates. 

0 Likes
drek4
First Poster
Options

I agree totally, this is such utter garbage, they just took an old *****ty version and revamped it. As usual, nowadays, they just use some ***** to shove down our throat their useless garbage! All this to save a few bucks.

0 Likes
burtysprout
Apprentice
Options

Samsung is ***** my s9 still stuck on original software  no pie update in October 2019

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@burtysprout wrote:

Samsung is ***** my s9 still stuck on original software  no pie update in October 2019

Check your build/base number to make sure your phone is in the right region. 

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/202491/what-do-the-numbers-and-letters-in-the-samsung-fi...

I think if the csc isn't right for your region it won't update. 

0 Likes
Sumit1
First Poster
Options

how to resolve this issue if the phone is not in the right region ????

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

According to this it's quite easy 

https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

I think other people have just used a program called Odin and flashed the firm ware with the correct csc etc. 

You can get the firm ware off sammobile 

0 Likes
Solo948
First Poster
Options

I last recieved updet on 1 feb 2019 on my Samsung S9+ what could be the problem 

0 Likes
TamTam85
First Poster
Options
Mine hasn't updated either... only got 1 update and that was when I bought the phone. The update was October of 2018. And of course no one can fix it. The batching theory isn't working for me.
0 Likes