Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start up with Knox

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 04:15 PM)
Angela96
Journeyman
Options

Since the last security update (I think) when I start my phone I put my code in and it starts to boot up, then goes back to passcode screen.  I have to put my code in again and so far it then boots up.  The code is the correct one. It's become very irritating.

14 REPLIES 14
Alan85843234994
Explorer
Options

After I installed the October 2019 update, it kept asking me for my PIN twice on each reboot, it also took much longer to start up.

I had to go into settings and disable 'secure start' to fix it, but that means the phone isn't encrypted.

Waiting for the next update to see if it's fixed.

0 Likes
sfnash
First Poster
Options

I'm having exactly the same problem after the 1st Oct update

0 Likes
Cbermejo
First Poster
Options

Same  problem to me on my s9+ and no solution  found yet.

0 Likes
Note9user1
First Poster
Options

Been having issues as well. Tried all sorts to resolve. Been to Samsung store and they said it was a software issue. They basically said wait for November update and see or contact Android directly which I have done a few days ago. Still not had any response. The November update did not fix. I've had to turn Knox start up off.

0 Likes
Solution
Angela96
Journeyman
Options

Problem resolved since last update a few weeks ago.

Note9user1
First Poster
Options

Hi I cannot view the solution....

0 Likes
deryckr
Journeyman
Options

Hi - cannot access link for the solution. Please assist.

0 Likes
deryckr
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone have solution to this issue?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The solution is that the problem was resolved following  update.  If still issues possible fixes :

SoftReset: Hold down power and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds.

wipe cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If all else fails could do a Factory Reset , only after ensuring all Data is Backed Up.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes