Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of my important video missing from my album

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 09:33 AM)
Intan
Student
Options

hello, some of my important video missing from my album. Its not in my recycle bin or Google album. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Intan, you might have accidentally hidden the files or even the folder that your videos are in. you may have checked the following procedures out, but if you haven't I'll talk you through. 1. go into Samsung files on your device, tap on Internal storage. look at the top right & you should see 3 dots, click on that and look for settings. click on that and you should see more options listed, click on Show hidden system files. Swipe back to system files, you should now see more folders than before, but with lines on their icons, this is to show that they're hidden folders. you can ignore those unless the folder containing your videos looks like the new style hidden icons. DON'T ALTER THE THE SYSTEM FILES OR YOU MAY CORRUPT ANDROID & DAMAGE YOUR PHONE. look for the folder containing your videos, click on it & if the missing video files are there but have lines like the hidden system files do then rename them. when you do this you may see a dot . before the file names, just delete that dot . eg .Family video now renamed to Family video. But if the files aren't in the folder they should be then you have moved or deleted them. Also check to see if you moved them to your SD card. Now go back to the three dot more options setting and uncheck the Show hidden system files, and close samsung files. 2. Go to the Video app & you'll see at the top right the three dot more options menu. click on this and you will see the option to hide folders. click on this and you'll see options to hide folders. if you see the folder containing your videos has been hidden, then click on that to show the folder again. this will give you regain access to that folder & it's contents. 3. check to see you haven't moved the videos to your secure folder. if you have just remove from the secure folder to get normal access or keep them there and you can have access to them there. 4. if you still can't find them then you have accidentally deleted them, harder to fix but go to the Google play store and look for apps that find, and undelete deleted files (this method is similar to what law enforcement do to find files) & it may depend if you have rooted your device. plus this may or may not work, especially if the videos have been overwritten by Android. I Hope you're search is successful.
Deltaratz
First Poster
Options
The Gallery app on recent Galaxy's doesn't show your videos. For some reason the Samsung video library app has to be downloaded. Why they did this , i do not know. Here is app link:
http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.videolist&cId=000004627396
0 Likes
Ric12
Apprentice
Options

I lost an important video of my daughter's wedding? I also lost 800 photos and googled to get a road map to the hidden recycling bin from where I restored them?? BUT NOT THE VIDEOS, LOST FOREVER. All I can say is "did Bixby" do this and mine is an S9, why Samsung? why? also my bloody pictures vanish after 28 days? I wanted those wedding pics for a lifetime and should not have to back them up to a computer because Samsung "SAYS I MUST" do it in 28 days, I might do it a month or two later? What is going on in the minds of Samsung Tech Employees? Are they thinking everyone does "d*** pics" so everything, must go after 28 days to save face? I will get an iPhone asap and all I can say is, this is NOT funny Samsung, you are messing with people's lives and destroying memories and evidence in some cases. I had an animal cruelty video, the case is coming up and NOW, I can't produce it as evidence "I lose" and it cost me lots of money. Why Samsung, just Why are you being such ***, *****-retentive, oxygen thieve clowns.

0 Likes
BellyButyonFluff
First Poster
Options
None of these worked for me. I was completing another video when some words flashed on the screen. I finished recording and went to edit all together and the ones from the previous had gone altogether
0 Likes
Dye
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much, this saved my history project

0 Likes