Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart view only audio no video

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 09:57 PM)
Stéph1
First Poster
Options

I own a samsung galaxy s9+ phone. I have used smart view (screen sharing) with an LG tv that I have with no issues. 

Now I bought a QLED SAMSUNG 55 Q80T UHD 4K SMART and can't use smart view to share the screen from my phone. Audio is OK, but no video, just a black screen. I've tried different screen ratios and disabling multiview but nothing works. 

Please help!! I'm stuck watching tennis on ny phone and thinking about selling my new tv. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
do you have DeX installed on your phone ? As I found out earlier today my S10 works well with the Samsung TV I have.
0 Likes
Stéph1
First Poster
Options

No, i just tried installint it but the only source i found (uptown) doesn't work... i cant install it (it just says "installation was not finished"). Can you givw me a source? Thanks

0 Likes
CrazyFruits
Pathfinder
Options
Do you have the TV set up to your network with Smart Things?
0 Likes
Stéph1
First Poster
Options

I was using smart things, but it didnt work through it either (screen mirroring). Then I uninstalled it. I will try installing it again, thanks :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Stéph1
First Poster
Options

With smart things didnt work either, it also uses smart view and i get the same (just a black screen with audio). =/ help is appreciated

0 Likes
CrazyFruits
Pathfinder
Options
*****, I hope you get it sorted!
I'm struggling trying to get my Samsung Soundbar talking to my phone. I've given up!
This technology marvel we live in can be very stressful sometimes! 🥺
0 Likes
MirrorNotMovie
Student
Options

My s10 plus the same....

0 Likes
Lakeside Amusements
First Poster
Options

Use "screen cast" from the phones drop downs and select the device you want to cast to.  Do not use "Bluetooth" because that is audio only

0 Likes
Members_vkQ4Ofb
First Poster
Options

We are having the same issue with a Samsung UE55BU8070U connecting with a S21 and only hear audio, the screen is black as stated above. This clearly is an issue if a lot of others are struggling with the same. I have tried all other options with the connection guide; reinstalled the smart things app and still cannot use either the tap view or smart view when it is clearly connected. any support would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes