Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart call keeps stopping

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 01:44 PM)
Robbi24
Apprentice
Options
For the last few days (after the last update) I keep getting a pop up whist trying to use my phone as a phone!!! I have restarted, checked for updates but still happening all the time. 
I also get a pop up for no surrport for nfc and keeps happening randomly whilst in apps or on calls. 
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Robbi24: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Show System Apps > Scroll down to Smart Call, and select it > Storage > Clear Cache, then restart the phone to see if this helps? For the NFC issue, do you have the NFC and Payment option active on your phone (Settings > Connections > NFC and Payment)? If so, try disabling this feature to see if the error messages persist, or tap the 3 dots in the top right > Default NFC Method > Auto Select. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Robbi24
Apprentice
Options
non of the above helped. but it is now sorted as samsung sent a new update to fix the issue.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Robbi24: That's great to hear. I hope everything is running smoothly for you now, however if you encounter any further issues then please don't hesitate to reach out. 

0 Likes
EdinburghGirl
Apprentice
Options
hey how did they send the update to fix the issue as im still having the same and none of the above changes anything either. did you have to call them directly?
0 Likes
Robbi24
Apprentice
Options
I did it though the e chat but the person dealing with me didn't do it. I think it was just coincidence that it came though whist on the chat. but give it a go just in case. they are open 8am to 8pm every day
0 Likes
Madrid19
First Poster
Options
Had same problem with smart call Followed instructions and still has the problem 😩
Masterclatt
First Poster
Options

This is seriously a Samsung pandemic!!!!

Samsung fix this problem and stop hiding behind your stupid messaging portal!!!! Grrrrrr

weet
Student
Options
this is really starting ***** me off won't let me make calls
0 Likes
weet
Student
Options
I don't even have an app called smart call for goodness sakes
0 Likes