Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Call App Failure

(Topic created on: 25-11-2020 12:15 PM)
golfgame
Apprentice
Options

I recently received the latest Samsung update on 11/2.  Since then the Smart Call App is failing.  Each time I select a call to block I get this prompt.  I am unable to add the desired call to the blocked list.   How can I resolve this issue?  The Smart Call App is V11.5.00.4 I believe.  I have Android 10 and One UI version 2.5

Smart Call.jpg

Selecting App Info takes me here. When I go into App this App is not on the list.

Smart Call 2.jpg

29 REPLIES 29
mudymo
First Poster
Options
I have tried every thing is still not working. its really upsetting.
0 Likes
Members_o4JMwVA
First Poster
Options

Galaxy S9+ .. Same error ... Solved with :

- clearing cache

- cleaning database

- forcing application stop

- restarting phone

Hope it helps

0 Likes
Tophies
First Poster
Options

Check the permissions of Smart Call and they are allowed to see contacts and telephone - along with clearing cache and data - since doing this I have had no issue with smartcall. I really suggest trying this as members are still saying they have issues and perhaps not trying suggestions in this and other posts
0 Likes
FraserJ
First Poster
Options
same problem here.. UK Note 9...@Samsung... please issue update on when a fix will be released. Thanks.
0 Likes
Acecat
First Poster
Options
I am experiencing same problems can someone from Samsung please suggest what we can do about this. its very frustrating that everytime you make a call this pops up.
0 Likes
Tophies
First Poster
Options
See my post below, smartcall app permissions then allow to see contacts and telephone
0 Likes
Larryk64
First Poster
Options

I needed to clear both cache and data. Just clearing the cache didn't work.

rolandolsson
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy note 9. When I cleared the cache AND the data it started to work OK again

0 Likes
serialk
First Poster
Options
I also had same issue with s9+,
resolved the issue by clearing data & cache.then permanently deleting the app I've had no more annoying issues since
0 Likes
Trebor706
Student
Options

Go to Settings/Apps/3-dot menu/"show system apps", then search for Smart Call. Delete cache, and data.

Hope this helps, but I did read a user ready said issue came back. Hasn't for me yet, though.

0 Likes