Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Call App Failure

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 04:44 AM)
golfgame
Apprentice
Options

I recently received the latest Samsung update on 11/2.  Since then the Smart Call App is failing.  Each time I select a call to block I get this prompt.  I am unable to add the desired call to the blocked list.   How can I resolve this issue?  The Smart Call App is V11.5.00.4 I believe.  I have Android 10 and One UI version 2.5

Smart Call.jpg

Selecting App Info takes me here. When I go into App this App is not on the list.

Smart Call 2.jpg

29 REPLIES 29
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Perhaps try clearing the cache and if needed data of the app via settings,  apps, choose the app, location @golfgame 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

golfgame
Apprentice
Options

If you are suggesting to clear data used by Smart Call I do not find Smart Call of Samsung smart Call in the list of Apps.

Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@golfgame  If you go to settings  and type Smart Call in the Search Bar it should appear. You can clear  the cache and if needed Data via Storage.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

golfgame
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, that was an effective fix, I cleared both 

Sweet_Bippy
First Poster
Options

I also had a system update on 10/28th and since then I am experiencing smart call failures too each time I try to make a call. It fails several time before it allows me to dial out on my phone. I cleared the cache as suggested,  restarted my phone and I am still experiencing smart call failures. 

Current Phone: Samsung Note 9

MosesII
First Poster
Options
smart call app is ***** and stops me making calls as I have to acknowledge the error message b 4 I can call. how do I turn it off, its ***** it does work. GET THE FU---ING OFF MY PHONE NOW. I demand a reply with a solution. WHY WHEN DOING UP GRADES DO YOU AUTOMATICALLY THINK WE WANT YOUR NEW ***** AUTOMATICALLY ACTIVATED. MESSAGE TO DEVELOPER NO WE DONT. sort this ***** out please.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I tried the suggested fix but it did not work. Any other suggestions?

VBl
First Poster
Options
I have the same phone and same issue since update
Chokaz
Student
Options
S9+ ,same issue after since apdated last night..and its really annoying...Help please