Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short number sms?

(Topic created on: 15-08-2020 08:07 PM)
Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
I have an s9+ from new when they came out, great phone! About 5 months ago I tried  to txt a radio station on 84850 (LBC), phone would not send. I had texted several times b4. My provider ( BT) agreed I had texted  this number b4 and couldn't find a problem. I recently changed provider ( Giffgaff) and still have the same problem, I have done a factory reset and no change. I can only think that this is something that an update has done? Anyone else having this problem? And how can I resolve this. I don't want to phone Samsung and spend hours on the call. I can only think this is something to do with an update?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone @Baldrik01 

Look in Settings > Apps > Press the 3 little dots in the top Rh corner > Special Access > Use Premium Text Message Services > Choose Always Allow.

If This does not work then it is in my opinion the issue is most probably at the networks end.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
I have tried your suggestion on Premium Text Message and they are set to that, also I can text 84850 from my partners phone!! Leading me to the assumption that this is something to do with an update from Samsung.
0 Likes
Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
Definitely not network if I put my sim in partners Nokia I can txt 84850 I have tried on 2 DIFFERENT networks must be Samsung via update!!
0 Likes
Baldrik01
Explorer
Options
Definitely not network if I put my sim in partners Nokia I can txt 84850 I have tried on 2 DIFFERENT networks must be Samsung via update!! Anyone got any ideas, I've tried all ideas even a factory reset!😪
0 Likes