Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings Options

(Topic created on: 23-09-2020 11:02 AM)
Cam79
First Poster
Options

I have noticed that since the last update we received on 17 Sept 20 that I can no longer select dark mode in Facebook. The option is normally available in the expanded Setting & Privacy menu and normally sits below the Language setting.

Has anyone else noticed this? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
That's probably more of a Facebook issue then Samsung
0 Likes
Cam79
First Poster
Options
I'm thinking that as well, but only seemed to occur after the software update. It works fine on my galaxy Tab A & that has had no recent updates.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Seem to be incompatibility issues, even if that is more of a  facebook issue.       However you can Force  Dark Mode via Developer options, though not guaranteeing that there will not be some issue.

If you not have Developer options enabled Go to Settings-About Phone-Software Information. Now tap Build Number 7 times  and Developer Mode will be turned on.  Now go back to  Settings- Developer Options . You will find Force Dark Mode  under Hardware Accelerated Rendering.

See a bit more information here: https://www.sammobile.com/news/how-to-force-dark-mode-in-all-apps-on-android-10-on-your-galaxy-s10-n... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Cam79
First Poster
Options
Yes I have developer settings & turned out on in there. Problem solved. Many thanks.
0 Likes