Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Settings menu after last update I can't see a thing. Background is almost the same as the text.

(Topic created on: 13-03-2019 02:58 AM)
musicmac
Apprentice
Options

The last update (I installed this evening) to find this has happened to my 'settings' menu. It would be good to find a way of getting the text back to readable, or perhaps change the background, but I've explored just about everything I can, and not found a way. I've uninstalled the theme I had (Nova/glass) but that didn't help. I have full 'smartswitch' backup from before the update. I really don't know what to do now. Any help would be good.

Screenshot_20190313-000410_Settings.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
musicmac
Apprentice
Options
Ok, well I couldn't leave it like that, so I tried clearing the system cache partition. That didn't fix it, so last resort a factory reset and recovery using smartswitch (not the settings part) which has solved the problem. It took many hours to get everything back in the right places and functioning again.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
musicmac
Apprentice
Options
Ok, well I couldn't leave it like that, so I tried clearing the system cache partition. That didn't fix it, so last resort a factory reset and recovery using smartswitch (not the settings part) which has solved the problem. It took many hours to get everything back in the right places and functioning again.
Stalk3r
First Poster
Options

#Samsung Did you product test this as there's been a few really annoying updates that's making it difficult to use my phone. Just read the solution. I have to do all that? 

Atlas_SK
First Poster
Options

Oh great, so I have to factory reset my phone because Samsung can't get their ***** together?  How the F does that work? Why did I buy a $1000 phone?! 

pd118
Student
Options

This cannot be the only solution?! WFT Samsung!! get your ***** together. 

strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Hello!

This is more of a Theme-related.

A simple fix to this is:

On your home screen, please tap and hold any empty space.
Please tap the Theme to open.
Select a different Theme to try, suggests to select a default theme.

Thanks ^_^

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

pd118
Student
Options
Thank you!! That's worked perfectly!
0 Likes
JJosh
First Poster
Options
Theme fixed issue for me!
0 Likes
LanaBaby
First Poster
Options

😀

0 Likes
CISCO909
First Poster
Options
My question is WHY? Why should it take anyone with a SAMSUNG S9 hours upon hours to try and fix what obviously the 'Update Department' broke. Upon purchase 9 months ago I had to install at least 3 or 4 Updates in the first few weeks. Why? Does anyone at Samsung actually use these cellphones once they are designed and created? Take them & use it for a day, a week, a month?

Maddening.
0 Likes