Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security patch delays

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 11:14 AM)
Gbr
Explorer
Options

Here I am on a (still) shiny S9+, it's May 28, and the phone's still on the April 1 security patch. And this update was released on April 10. 

Meanwhile, the M30 gets Pie with One UI (the poor sods). An A5 from 2016 gets an update. 

I don't know what Samsung is doing, I sure am having a hard time imagining that such a huge company has so little in the way of resources that priorities have to be shifted around so much, practically every month. Unless it's really left to RNG to determine who gets what and when, in which case... what the hey?

What I am expecting, though, is whether or not we get a May security patch in the remaining few days, we'll be stuck with it - for most (if not all) of June.

Any chance we can hop on a train for actual timely updates, please? This isn't about huge system-wide overhauls, it isn't even about a single new feature. It's literally only Android's security patches. For a phone that's still flagship tier, at that.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
Is your phone branded ?
If it is then you habe to wait a bit more than the others because the Update optimzing process.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes