Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen not responsive

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 01:46 PM)
Ahsan1987
First Poster
Options

hi everyone

I have a s9+ which i bought in september 2019 so its under warranty i think. I have been having issues with the screen which include, 

- When i make a call, the screen goes black, i can hear the ringing but i the screen is blank so i can switch on the speaker etc, 

- when someone calls me, i try to recieve the call, but the screen doesnt respond. 

- also people often compain about the quality of my voice, i have other samsung devices but no compaints on those devices. 

The support system at samsung is down so help will be appreciated. 

Regards

Ahsan

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CarlH
Options

Hi @Ahsan1987. Do you have a case/ cover on your phone? Or a screen protector too?

0 Likes
Ahsan1987
First Poster
Options

Thank you for replying. i have a case but no screen protector.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Ahsan1987
First Poster
Options

Hi Carl

Yeah, i tried it without the case, it didnt help. 

the issue goes away for a little when i restart the phone but then comes back again. 

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right! The screen going Black when calling and when receiving a call can be the Proximity sensor that normally turns the screen Black when the ear is close to the phone. Are you making calls with the device to your ear?

About people not hearing you clearly, test the receiver: from the phone dialler, enter *#0283# > Select RCV Packet Loopback ON > Say a few words as if you were on a call. Can you hear your own voice correctly?

0 Likes