Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen keeps waking up

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 09:54 AM)
Kudzai
First Poster
Options

Morning guys,

I have been having this infuriating problem were when my phone goes to sleep or i lock the phone, every couple of seconds it lights up as if I have pressed the lock button and then goes back to sleep. This occurs regularly through out the day every couple of seconds. It started recently. I have tried the usual fixes like resetting my phone to factory defaults, turning off AOD, Clearing catch for AOD, checking setting like wake up when lifted etc are turned off. Has anyone experienced this and if so what was the work around?

2 REPLIES 2
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I would recommend "nice catch" by Samsung. It's located in the galaxy app store. Once it downloaded you can have it monitor your screen wake up history to tell you exactly what is waking it up. Hope this helps identify your issue.Galaxy store "nice catch" by SamsungGalaxy store "nice catch" by Samsung

Select wake up history and any other you wish to monitorSelect wake up history and any other you wish to monitor

Examples: system fingerprint or charger disconnectedExamples: system fingerprint or charger disconnected

0 Likes
Neil  H
First Poster
Options

OK, this was driving  me mad and Samsung should really add some fails safes for this,  but I had 2 issues. a cursor kept appearing on my screen,  and random screen wakes with no notifications even in do not disturb  mode. turns out it was a bluetooth  mouse I used when in dex mode. the mouse was switching on in a drawer and unbeknown to me connecting  with my Samsung s20 fe and sending movements. This mainly happens to Samsung users because they are more likely  to add a bluetooth  mouse as its the best way to use a mouse on Dex mode. So if this is happening  to you check your android  bluetooth settings and make sure no input devices (keyboard mouse,etc) are active. hope this helps someone 

0 Likes