Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issues with my galaxy S9 Flickering, Green/Yellow tint and Black bars

(Topic created on: 25-10-2020 02:14 PM)
Бане
Explorer
Options

So my phone was working fine the screen colors where ok I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and got back to this IMG_20201025_124324.jpgIMG_20201025_124408.jpgIMG_20201025_124510.jpgIMG_20201025_131432.jpg

as you can see the screen got a yellow/green tint out of nowhere, I thought it might have happened from heat (tho I have no idea how it might have goten hot since its 20 degrees in the room and the phone wasn't exposed to direct sunlight and was not in the vicinity of any heat source) and let it cool off for half an hour when i powered the phone back on I couldnt see anything on the screen although it powered up I saw the start screen with the same tint clearly once the phone booted up i got this IMG_20201025_150143.jpgand I couldnt make out anything and as of now i cant use my phone I can't call someone or I can't answer a phone call which is just .... fantastic, so I'm asking you guys do you have any ideas on what i should do to fix this issue and is there any explanation on what might be the cause of the issue. Looking forward to your replies.

64 REPLIES 64
vivek32
Student
Options
0 Likes
Ben2431
First Poster
Options

I know it's a bit late, but from what I can tell after living with this problem for about a month now (with it getting progressively worse) it is a hardware problem, probably a connection issue with the power supply to the screen. The only thing that I've found that prevents this completely is if you turn the screen on immediately after plugging in the phone, while it displays the battery percentage. No other fix has worked for me, and its still only a workaround.

0 Likes
Joe_D
First Poster
Options

Solution/workaround: always on display

I've been having the same/a simmilar problem-It started probably about a month ago.

The screen either turns on totally fine, is black except for a white band at the top, has severe fading and flickering with horizontal lines, or turns on but with a blue-filter like effect-as in some of your pictures

I noticed, at least in my case, it will always turn on normally if the screen is powered on via plugging in the charging port.

The charging indicator when plugged in, followed by the lower-screen press will always lead to normal operation of the screen (at least for me. though, I also have not had an issue while receiving a phone call)

I decided, while it is a slightly obnoxious battery drain, to see if enabling always on display would avoid the button issue.

It seems to have solved the problem (or at least enabled me to use the phone reliability). 

While not a total solve, and I don't know the long-term effects, this at least makes the phone usable. 

Not that I expect this will be of exceptional use to the original poster, but, for anyone else who has experienced this, it appears to be an easy enough workaround.

0 Likes
Mariong Kalbo
First Poster
Options

Hey! You're a life-saver!

0 Likes
Members_Sg9qyFi
First Poster
Options

after two years of not using it at all, I solved it by installing Android 12. You just have to set off the adaptive brightness and it works perfectly. You can find a full procedure here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIRVCiYkVg

0 Likes