Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen issues with my galaxy S9 Flickering, Green/Yellow tint and Black bars

(Topic created on: 10-07-2021 08:47 AM)
Бане
Explorer
Options

So my phone was working fine the screen colors where ok I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and got back to this IMG_20201025_124324.jpgIMG_20201025_124408.jpgIMG_20201025_124510.jpgIMG_20201025_131432.jpg

as you can see the screen got a yellow/green tint out of nowhere, I thought it might have happened from heat (tho I have no idea how it might have goten hot since its 20 degrees in the room and the phone wasn't exposed to direct sunlight and was not in the vicinity of any heat source) and let it cool off for half an hour when i powered the phone back on I couldnt see anything on the screen although it powered up I saw the start screen with the same tint clearly once the phone booted up i got this IMG_20201025_150143.jpgand I couldnt make out anything and as of now i cant use my phone I can't call someone or I can't answer a phone call which is just .... fantastic, so I'm asking you guys do you have any ideas on what i should do to fix this issue and is there any explanation on what might be the cause of the issue. Looking forward to your replies.

64 REPLIES 64
B-B
First Poster
Options

My phone has been kept in pristine condition, never dropped or even scratched, I work from home so it hardly leaves the house, It also is in a Mous protective phone case, which also doesn't have a scratch on it, I am a web-developer so I never download any nasty apps and Yep, same deal.

green screen.jpg

I had to cover the light sensor that the adaptive display uses for me to even be able to attempt to change settings.
Downloaded Oled screen saver and it made it usable and it suggests that it is a software issue but you don't want to pay close to a thousand dollars for a partially usable item.
I then did a factory reset and it still has the issue. I turned off adaptive display and set the brightness right down to get me though but if Samsung don't release a fix soon this will be a deal breaker for me, I take care of my tech and this would be the FIRST phone that ever died on me.

rajub
Apprentice
Options

Just installed the January update. Had my fingers crossed that it the fix would have been included. Unfortunately not. Seems Samsung really doesn't give a ***** about it. OLED Saver app is the only thing helping.

0 Likes
xtexistenz
Journeyman
Options

Exact same issue here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s9-s9/s9-suddenly-washed-out-colors-black-crush/m-p/19730...

The only way to get this fixed is to post about this problem everywhere, spam all Samsung's posts (Facebook, Instagram), post on Youtube, so people know how bad their phones are now.

Nice going Samsung!!!

0 Likes
timaroberts
First Poster
Options
I've been experiencing this since the March update. Had hoped the April update would fix, but alas. Samsung's only advice is to send in for repair at £250+. Of course it's just out of warranty. Double-tap to wake works normally, but that doesn't help when you get a phone call and can't tell who's ringing, much less where all the screen controls are. Feel disappointed and cheated. It's a Google phone for me if this doesn't get fixed soon.
0 Likes
Lmfaok113
First Poster
Options

This app which i got from this video 100% fixed the problem for me after i had tried countless solutions

https://youtu.be/Jqu-WWg-dMI

App link:https://mega.nz/file/CYokAKSI#6v_q81Iu7hTDtJMm5h-GbCmbVyzg-UwdDIui1YLgHQU

This worked lile magic for me

Also thanks samsung for ruining the products we buy 

rajub
Apprentice
Options

Does the same thing as OLED saver. Restores some of the colour, but doesn't fix the black crush. 

0 Likes
Options

After Software update, a light green tint on my display. which  is a very dirty look. Went to customer care centre. But told to replace display panels which cost around 16000. This is not my fault. My warry expired on 19 aug 2020. What should i do to replace display panel free of cost..

Please help samsung 

Options

Works only for a few seconds after that it moves to older green tint display.  HELP

Members_uYQOkqN
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same problem since around the same time as you. Tried everything, but the problem only got worse! Decided to purchase a new phone last november/december. Yet curious if the problem can be solved...

emrahman
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me. I'm using S9+. I never drop my phone, i use all my phones very carefully. Samsung have to solve this problem. I just bouth a S20 to my wife. I'm waiting for the same problem for it about 2 years later. If it happens I'm never gonna buy a Samsung again. We bough smart wathces, smart tv's, computer monitors from Samsung.