Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn

(Topic created on: 05-05-2019 06:17 PM)
cosacee
Journeyman
Options

I am looking for information in regards to anyone else who has suffered screen burn on their Samsung s9/s9+ as I suffered screen burn on my Samsung s9 within 6 months I require similar cases to prove that this is a issue that affects other users also. This is unacceptable for a £800 pound phone in this day and age especially when marketed as the greatest smartphone display that has been invented. Within 3 months my screen developed horrible burn in where the automatic brightness had adjusted the levels so that the bottom portion of my screen suffered a vertical line and the top half a horizontal line I suspect from widgets on the homescreen or from YouTube. I have looked on reddit and noticed other users with the same issue so I would like to hear from others with the same issue so i can put this to Samsung and hopefully address the issue. Thanks 

21 REPLIES 21
NZuser
First Poster
Options

I've had exactly the same issue on both my S9+ and my dad's S9+ purchased 1 month apart. But they're out of warranty now unfortunately.

A close friend of mine also had exactly the same issue with his S10.

Samsung should really acknowledge this as a manufacturing defect or face a class action lawsuit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

This is my 2nd S9+ with screen burn in. I paid $110 for the 1st one and found out that it should have been free. 

This is obviously an issue with these phones.  At $1000 a phone, this is unacceptable.  

0 Likes