Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen burn

(Topic created on: 05-05-2019 06:17 PM)
cosacee
Journeyman
Options

I am looking for information in regards to anyone else who has suffered screen burn on their Samsung s9/s9+ as I suffered screen burn on my Samsung s9 within 6 months I require similar cases to prove that this is a issue that affects other users also. This is unacceptable for a £800 pound phone in this day and age especially when marketed as the greatest smartphone display that has been invented. Within 3 months my screen developed horrible burn in where the automatic brightness had adjusted the levels so that the bottom portion of my screen suffered a vertical line and the top half a horizontal line I suspect from widgets on the homescreen or from YouTube. I have looked on reddit and noticed other users with the same issue so I would like to hear from others with the same issue so i can put this to Samsung and hopefully address the issue. Thanks 

21 REPLIES 21
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you approached Samsung via a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre or spoken with their customer services yet ?

Yes there's been cases of screen burn which can happen with these types of displays. 

If you perform a Google Search I'm sure you'll come across similar cases @cosacee 

Samsung will already be aware of such cases as they'll have a data base of recorded repairs. 

If your denied a screen replacement then look at the UK's Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

cosacee
Journeyman
Options
Iv actually already had it repaired under warranty direct from Samsung, my issue is I am trying to claim a refund from the place of purchase giffgaff due to this fault happening a second time under the consumer rights act which states it must be repaired once first by the seller then if the problem persists I can ask for a refund. Ofcourse I had it repaired by Samsung and not giffgaff and they are requesting a report from Samsung and denying there is a issue saying that Samsung has not issued a statement or recall for the problem so it's in me to prove the fault was there when I bought the phone. Iv seen the evidence on reddit and other sites but I am collecting more evidence for my case. The csr states the seller must offer a fix within 6 months. My phone broke in 3 ofcourse I had the choice to send it to them for repair but i chose Samsung over their service centre which i trust more ofcourse. Regards
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Personally I wouldn't think Samsung would make a statement as this isn't a widespread common issue in my opinion.

Personally I would have pushed for the repair to be carried out under the 24 month manufacturing warranty so there would then have not been a need to seek a refund.

If Samsung refused a repair under the manufacturer warranty then its reasonable to ask them why although as your aware it's the seller of the phone that a person needs to seek redress with.

I would suggest to follow the info and advise in the link I added and places like Citizens Advice and the Small Claims Courts could be the bext move depending on how much time , money and resources you wish to invest in this is.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

0 Likes
Wojtek86
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue it's just happened recently.

Did you get it repaired

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Wojtek86 

The OP states  " Iv actually already had it repaired under warranty direct from Samsung, "

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have recently experienced the same thing on my Galaxy S9+.

0 Likes
Chesca
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on my phome they are charging me fornthe replacement since it is more than a year old. apprently upon searching online, it is a common issue with samsung phones  they should recall s9 phones, this is an expensive phone, we do not deserve poor customer service. I regret buying my note 10... 

Yasminh
First Poster
Options

i got screen burn on my s9 before i even had it for a year. the instagram hot bar, navigation bar and the top of tiktok burnt into my screen. took it back to optus and they sent it off, and it got replaced with a refurbished s9. havent even had this phone for 4 months and it got screen burn again. (the instagram hotbar and navigation bar. same spots?!) im going to have to take it back. ive had screen burn twice in a year. this is ridiculous. 

0 Likes
Lewdog
Apprentice
Options
Yes I have
0 Likes