What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Smart Switch Problem in Windows 10

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 08:20 PM)
Options

I have been using Samsung Smart Switch in Windows 10 to backup my Samsung S9+. However, now I have a problem in starting the Samsung Smart Switch. After launching, it tries to update the program, but fails everytime. I have tried to re-install the program with no success (downloading a new version of the program from the Samsung download center), and even tried it in two different computers. Any ideas to get the Samsung Smart Switch running again.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Ville 

Did you manage to get this sorted or are you still having the same issue?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Ville , May I  ask which Browser you are using, have you tried alternative Browers when downloading ?  I know that in the past there were issues with Smart Switch on Firefox-Windows 10.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options
@Ville: If you have re-installed Smart Switch and the problem has persisted, you may wish to contact Microsoft directly to enquire about available driver updates that might resolve any compatibility issues you're facing. I recall that Visual C++ was required for our old backup software, KIES, so it's worth exploring. In the meantime I recommend creating a temporary backup via Settings > Accounts and Backup > Samsung Cloud.
Options

I have not managed to completely solve the problem. However, now I downloaded and installed the latest version of Smart Switch, and it is at least somehow working. It still suggest to update Smart Switch every time the program is executed, but now I can just cancel it and the application seems to work properly. This very peculiar since previously I have had no problems with Smart Switch.

lden
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem. Smart switch tries to update "some components", but gets stuck on 100% download and never completes the update. I have unistalled and reinstalled several times on several different computers. I am not trying to backup my phone, I am trying to update my Galaxy s20 ultra that has been carrier umlocked and needs to be updated through smart switch. 

Please Help. Thanks.

DAS13
First Poster
Options

Same thing happens to me - everytime I try to start Smartswitch it updates and closes. Again and again....

Xenorm
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. Smart Switch would download the update (v4.2.2), but then app would close when the download got to 100%. I would open Smart Switch again, and the same issue would occur so I couldn't use the application because it tried to updated each time I opened it and then it would close automatically. I downloaded and installed the new version of Smart Switch from the Samsung website over the top of the existing installation on Windows 10 1909, and now it's working without any issues.

0 Likes
tsuppi
First Poster
Options

Same here as you, Xenorm, explained. Also upgrading to 4.2.2 and failing at 100%. Even aborting the update does not help in my case. It will just reinitiate the update after a few seconds...

Why does this not get fixed?

Does anybody know where to download and install version 4.2.2 manually?

0 Likes
LiMa79
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue! When are they gonna fix this? I need to do a backup on my phone 😞

4.2.20072_4.exe tries to download. When it reaches 100% it shuts down and restarts when I open the program again.