Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 Screen scrambled when unlocked via power button, not when unlocked via home button

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 05:03 PM)
Nehbur
Apprentice
Options

Dear community,

As the title describes, my phone gives green stripes and mostly black screen when I unlock my phone via the power button. However, the screen works fine when tapping the home button on the touch screen and unlocking it via that method. Also, when I get called, I can't see the screen. It does however, respond to my swipe. So knowing where the 'answer' button is I can actually pick up the phone. But trying to go through automated phone menu's using the numeric pad obviously is hardly possible.

Considering the screen works fine when opened via the home button,  one can't really say the screen is broken right?

I've tried resetting the phone twice, updated software, started in safe mode, deinstalling secondary apps etc.. So it appears to be a hardware issue.

Does anyone else have similar problems? And if so, how to solve it? I'm hestitant to try and replace the screen, since it's not really broken and it might not solve the problem.

Best regards,

Ruben

4 REPLIES 4
Nehbur
Apprentice
Options

That actually makes a lot of sense...  I haven't thought of that. Definitally going to look into it. I'll let you know.

0 Likes
vithlani2
First Poster
Options

i am facing the same issue, green tilt and lines on display when unlock with powerbutton, but display pretty fine when tap screen and then unlock... i am using samsung note 10 in india, device not water damage nor fallen ever

Rori1970
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.

Any solutions?

0 Likes
Nehbur
Apprentice
Options

Hey man, well. I did not find a solution. I made the choice to get a new phone. But, it might be a loose connector to the screen from the motherboard. This means you'll have to open it up or let someone else check it. Problem is. In this procedure there is a chance something will break, I didn't and kept it as a reserve phone.

Clearly the screen is not broken. I could unlock the phone by tapping on the touchscreen home button and it would work fine. Also adjusting the screen brightness to very low or very high fixes the problem.

In my opinion this is a motherboard/connector problem. Might be worth it to check this for you.

0 Likes