Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s9+ black screen

(Topic created on: 15-07-2019 10:41 AM)
ObakaT
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Samsung S9+, used it for 2 weeks and encountered this so called Black Screen of Death. I have tried everything on forums, especially holding the power button and volume down key to reboot my phone, but NO SUCCESS. My phone is  100% original, but unfortunately does not have warranty. I talked to Samsung customer care and they only advised me to hold the power button and volume down key or take it to a Samsung techician. The phone was soo expensive and I am depressed now. Does anyone have any bright ideas on how I can try to fix this? I am currently waiting for the battery to completely die and try charging and turning it on again. What else can I do??!?!?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarlH
Options

Hi @ObakaT. If you've recently purchased the phone within 30 days, the best thing to do would be to contact the retailer to discuss your replacement/ refund options. 

0 Likes
ObakaT
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, I bought this phone from a small online shop with 1 month warranty. I inspected the phone thouroughly befor buying it and it was originally and in perfect working condition. Then I travelled out of the country. So when I return, I will try to do what you say and follow up with the retailer to discuss replacement. But I would really like to try some kind of manual solution first. 😞

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@ObakaT: If you have attempted a Soft Reset (Volume Down +Power buttons for around 10 seconds) while connected to your charger and the problem has persisted then you will need to visit an authorised Support Centre to arrange an inspection, or contact the retailer directly to discuss your options. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes