Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 Apps flash white every 6 minutes

(Topic created on: 23-12-2021 10:58 PM)
Paul Robo
Student
Options

Hope someone can help, as I have searched everywhere but can't find the answer.  Also not sure of the correct term to use (glitch/flash) for the issue I'm having.  Certain apps on my phone flicker and flash white screen, just for a couple of seconds approx every 6 minutes then return uninterrupted on the app.   If using the phone landscape the phone reverts to portrait, flashes with a white box.  For example on Directions on Google Maps - map disappears - screen flashes white for 1 or 2 seconds, then returns to directions.  It's as though something is interrupting the app.  The exact same thing also happens on a poker game and on messenger.  I have uninstalled and re-installed apps, all phone is updated, I have turned down the brightness and I have cleared all cache.   Appreciate any suggestions on have to fix.  Cheers.... 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Paul Robo ,

how strange! Does this only affect the apps mentioned above? Can you please place the phone in Safe Mode and monitor it for 2 hours to see if the same thing occurs? Find how to run the phone in this mode HERE. 

0 Likes
Paul Robo
Student
Options

Hi, I have only noticed it happen on these apps, as these are the apps I use the most.  It also happens on whatsapp.  I will please the phone in safe mode, as suggested, and monitor.  Thank you.

shamstar
First Poster
Options

I can confirm this is a genuine software issue as I have the same problem with a white flash every 6 minutes (checked with a stopwatch). 

The problem started happening after the messaging app (after an update) prompted me to use advanced chat features (and collect additional data) - I selected to continue without advance features.  Then I noticed the flashing started after this.  Once the flashing happens, if you check the recent/open apps screen you'll find the messaging app is in the list even though it previously wasn't opened.  You can close all apps and then wait 6 minutes again and you will see the messaging app again. 

shamstar_0-1640714898468.png

Samsung - please issue a fix for this problem!

0 Likes
Tombloke
First Poster
Options
I'm also seeing this. It's particularly annoying because it minimises Google maps
0 Likes
Bob2022
First Poster
Options

I seem to have fixed this by going into settings, choosing "default applications", finding the entry for "Messages", and changing it to turn off the "Appear on top" option.

0 Likes