Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 and CID Manager Notification

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 10:34 AM)
Wendy29
Apprentice
Options

My husband and I both have Samsung S9 phones and our service provider is BT. For months and months now everytime we switch on the phone we get a notification which reads:

CID Manager

New Service Provider

Tap here to use your new service providers app

So when you tap, you then get a warning which reads:

To use your new service providers apps and settings you need to factory reset your phone. All of your user data will be deleted and some services may no longer be available.

When you click OK, nothing happens. However we do NOT want to do a factory reset but we desperately want to get rid of this annoying daily notification. Googling is providing not much information at all although I have read of other people also wanting rid of this annoying notifcation without having to factory reset their phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
c2lass
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I no longer have the S9 as have now purchased the S20 😀 however from memory I did try and do some of the things you very kindly suggested but when it came to CID Manager (incidentally it did not show in the apps) everything was greyed out so you could not disable or change anything. Hopefully though your fix above will help others who are having this same problem.

0 Likes
c2lass
Journeyman
Options

By the way I am the original poster, no idea why I seem to have two posting accounts!

0 Likes