Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 and CID Manager Notification

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 07:59 PM)
Wendy29
Apprentice
Options

My husband and I both have Samsung S9 phones and our service provider is BT. For months and months now everytime we switch on the phone we get a notification which reads:

CID Manager

New Service Provider

Tap here to use your new service providers app

So when you tap, you then get a warning which reads:

To use your new service providers apps and settings you need to factory reset your phone. All of your user data will be deleted and some services may no longer be available.

When you click OK, nothing happens. However we do NOT want to do a factory reset but we desperately want to get rid of this annoying daily notification. Googling is providing not much information at all although I have read of other people also wanting rid of this annoying notifcation without having to factory reset their phones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
try this, go to setting then connection, then mobile network then access point name see if BT network on there if it has click on it hope that work
0 Likes
Wendy29
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. When I follow your path and get to Access Point Names I only have two options which are:

Internet (this is selected)

MMS

There is no BT Network there in Access Point Names. However the next menu down is "Network Providers" and BT is showing there.

0 Likes
Wendy29
Apprentice
Options

Since your reply above I have actually added BT as an APN (followed the instruction on the BT help page) however this has not cured the problem, the annoying notification has not gone away when you power on the phone.

0 Likes
Npah3
Pathfinder
Options
Someone a while back said long press on the notification.... but did not say anything else. Give it a go, no harm in trying and see what it says.
0 Likes
Wendy29
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and it takes you to CID notification settings which then tells me notifications cannot be modified. Everything is greyed out 😞 

0 Likes
Brownie101
First Poster
Options
I'm having exactly the same problem @Wendy29 having just switched to a BT SIM card - did you manage to solve it? worried about accidentally deleting all mt data. very annoying feature!
0 Likes
Wendy29
Apprentice
Options

Sadly not. I spoke to a really helpful girl at Samsung and she said it would be from a software update from BT however spoke to numerous people in BT and they all denied it was anything to do with BT. They said they don't so software updates but I am sure the the mobile providers do initiate updates through the likes of Samsung, Apple etc. When I think back it did happen after a software update.

BT also thought sending a new SIM would help however it didn't. We have now both got new phones (Samsung S20) and touch wood the problem is no longer there. Good luck and hope you get a fix.

0 Likes
dannykreynin
First Poster
Options

I'm facing the same issue with S10e

0 Likes
CompAnddevcGurus
Journeyman
Options

I own an IT smart device/ repair company and I own the S20+ so hopefully this will help. Go into your settings menu, go into Apps menu, on the top left, click the menu button and choose "show system apps". Find CID Manager and then disable everything.  Go into each option and turn off (run in the background, disable notifications etc)... Make sure all settings are gone through in app. Memory, storage, battery etc... Uncheck everything and disable all. Uninstall updates, clear cache, stop, then check all settings again if disable or uninstall isn't an option on the bottom of the app menu. Also, If you cannot delete or disable the app but can only turn off settings, go back into settings menu and go into device care, go into sleeping apps or deep sleeping apps (make sure to enable if haven't) it's a great way to speed up your device. Also check for it to add unused apps. Add system app view to menu options which will be an option. Add (CID Manager) as a sleeping app or if able, a deep sleeping app. Problem solved. I promise. Let me know if this works (It will)... If disabling or deleting doesn't work, everything else will. 😊

0 Likes