Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung keyboard defaulting to English even when this language is not activated

(Topic created on: 05-08-2020 09:29 PM)
Arziraphale
Student
Options

Since a recent update the Samsung Keyboard of my S9 keeps defaulting to the English layout whenever I enter text e.g. in the Chrome browser. This is annoying because I then each time have to switch the keyboard languge back to Danish before I can start typing. In the "Manage input languages" of Samsung Keyboard I have only selected Danish, but the English Keyboard still keeps popping up.

I have chosen the standard language of my phone to be English but I need the default keyboard to be Danish in order to access the special characters "æ","ø" and "å", and it's unbearable to change language every single time I have to enter text on my phone.

11 REPLIES 11
LauriL
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and nothing seems to fix it. Except it's with Finnish/English. Gonna have to switch to another keyboard app I guess. Update messed this up.

NiklasJM
Apprentice
Options

+1 on this. Please fix it!

For me, the same behavior happens on Samsung S20 Ultra, when using Firefox and Swedish settings for Samsung Keyboard. Every time in Firefox, it reverts/defaults to English.

If I go into the settings of the keyboard using "Settings > General management > Language and input > On-screen keyboard" I can see that the keyboard has Swedish and English. But going into the Samsung Keyboard settings from there and then back, it'll revert to only Swedish - but it'll go back to Swedish and English as soon as I open the keyboard in Firefox again.

WilmoPetter
First Poster
Options

Any fixes to this yet? Just got an S20 FE and I'm having the same issue...

Anders_Eriksson
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. Browsers and sms.

Samsung galaxy s9

All current latest updates installed to this date.

2021-01-14

Swedish region.

Edit: I have reinstalled just two days ago and problem still persists. 

Talangen
First Poster
Options

I had that problem on my Galaxy S9 and just got my S21 Ultra and still have it

Anders_Eriksson
Student
Options

Yeah I'm not going to get any more Samsung cellphones. 

They are too expensive, weak in quality and not keen about their customers. 

Hence they don't care about things like this. No further software updates either for the s9. 

Nokia might be a better alternative. 

Mrmacgyver
First Poster
Options

Can we have an update on this? 

It is incredibly annoying. 

Drork
First Poster
Options

Yes!!! Can we have a fix for that bug please !!! NOW !

Arziraphale
Student
Options

Have still not found a solution, can someone help?

0 Likes