Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S9+ Pie Update

(Topic created on: 01/02/19 16:43)
jeanuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Have just updated to Pie, and I now cannot remove the white frames around the icons.  Previously, there was an option under Settings, Display, Icons to remove the white frame, or not.  Now the Icon option is no longer shown under the Display section.  Any ideas please?  Many thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
@jeanuk: Please try pressing a blank space on your Home screen until you see 'Wallpapers, Themes, Icons and AOD' at the bottom. Tap on 'Icons' and look at your available options, one of which should be the icons without frames.

0 Likes
jeanuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you.  Thank you, I have tapped on Icons, but cannot see any available options for icons without frames.  All I seem to be able to find is different choices of icons, some of which are to buy.  At the top, there is My Icons, but there is a permanent tick, and it will not change.  

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@jeanuk 

As far as I can see the setting that was in Oreo that allowed icons with and without frames has been removed.

The option now is to download an icon pack from the Samsung Theme Store as far as I can see.

You could report this to Samsung via the Samsung Members App as feedback.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes
jeanuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you.  I have downloaded an icon pack from Samsung Themes, which has solved the frame problem on most of the apps.  Some of the icon packs still leave all the frames.  Next step - I shall try to find a simple individual icon app, so that I can just change the individual apps showing the frames.

Re feedback, I have reported this several times to Samsung - 2 Samsung engineers via phone, I had an online chat with Samsung,  have reported it on the Members app, etc.  All the same response - they cannot help. 

Hopefully, if enough users inform Samsung, they might sort out something to solve the problem.

Thanks very much for your advice.  Much appreciated.  

0 Likes
ScooterDude23
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I noticed this as well. It's rather annoying as I hate how clunky and cartoonish the icons look with the frames around them...I hope we get the ability to change this option back.

0 Likes
ScooterDude23
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Which theme did you use?
0 Likes
jeanuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I think it is called Smile OS_THENEW.  I tried it, and then paid 50p.

0 Likes
jeanuk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I totally agree.  Also, it is very difficult to see some icons, as they become so small inside the frame.  With the icon pack, I have used, they are much clearer.  I just do  not like the fact that I cannot differentiate the green colour for phone and messages.  They were next door to each each, but now I have moved them.  

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@ScooterDude23 wrote:

I noticed this as well. It's rather annoying as I hate how clunky and cartoonish the icons look with the frames around them...I hope we get the ability to change this option back.

As far as I can make out my icons on Samsung One Ui doesn't have the frames around them !

@ScooterDude23 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

0 Likes