Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9 Clear case not working after s9 update

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 09:55 AM)
Lazarix
Student
Options

Yet again, another update from Samsung where the clear case stops working.

Case not showing up in accessories.

Closing case doesn't turn the screen off.

Yes it's an official Samsung case, and was working last night prior to the update.

Turned off and on again, no good

Restarted, no good.

Removed case for 5 mins and put back on, no good

Turned off phone, removed case, turned on phone, left for 10 mins, fitted case, still not recognised.

How does this regression KEEP happening??

13 REPLIES 13
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Lazarix wrote:

Yet again, another update from Samsung where the clear case stops working.

Case not showing up in accessories.

Closing case doesn't turn the screen off.

Yes it's an official Samsung case, and was working last night prior to the update.

Turned off and on again, no good

Restarted, no good.

Removed case for 5 mins and put back on, no good

Turned off phone, removed case, turned on phone, left for 10 mins, fitted case, still not recognised.

How does this regression KEEP happening??

Did you find a solution in the meantime ? Or can you confirm the assumption in

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/Clear-View-Standing-Cover-problems-after-booting-th...

that this happens on a random basis after boot ?

0 Likes
Lazarix
Student
Options

After having the case on for an unknown period of time and living with the issue (press power button before closing case), the case was detected and installed, but provided no notification that it happened.
It just started working.

Frustrating however.

0 Likes
JuJu5
First Poster
Options

After trying various fixes and youtube videos i finally fixed it myself.

• Remove cover
  • Turn phone off
  • Turn phone on
  • Put cover back on and it finally recognised it!
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Fine ! if it doesn't recognize the cover after the next boot and you're tired of removing/inserting the phone, try to wipe the cache partition.

0 Likes
Samnotkat2
Student
Options

This is getting beyond a joke.... should have taken case and phone back when I first bought them( together) never worked as intended. But made the mistake of persevering... occasionally would work then another update would stop it again. 2 year contract is nearly up and shant be buying Samsung again. 

IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Samnotkat2 wrote:

This is getting beyond a joke.... should have taken case and phone back when I first bought them( together) never worked as intended. But made the mistake of persevering... occasionally would work then another update would stop it again. 2 year contract is nearly up and shant be buying Samsung again. 

Did you wipe the cache partition ? If not, do so. It solved the problem for me.

0 Likes
Samnotkat2
Student
Options

Thanks..... it did work for me too!!! Let's see how long it lasts this time. The thing that bugs me (and why I'll be going elsewhere for next phone) is that it is left to the community to find these work arounds.  There might  be an official Samsung fix somewhere but I'll be dammened if I can find it. Samsung needs to issue a proper and final fix in an update. 

Appreciate the  help here though

0 Likes
Brokeris
First Poster
Options

Fine! Working! Thanks!

0 Likes
Lewdog
Apprentice
Options

Still didnt work for me

0 Likes