Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung email massive data usage and battery drain.

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 07:38 PM)
Oggy1974
Apprentice
Options

Hi all. Looking for a possible solution/answer to my problem.

Today I had a data usage warning appear. It turns out that that in less than 1 day my email had used just over 20gb of mobile date, 35% battery and 11 hrs running in the background.

Anybody else had a similar problem?

I have a 30gb monthly allowance, which I very rarely use more than 10.

0 Likes
Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

It is Samsung Free using all your mobile data. There are videos on You tube showing you how to turn it off. Its a pain. My husband had a £30 mobile data bill for April after it was included in the March 21 update. A big sarcastic thank you to Samsung

0 Likes
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

Andrew, the answer to this issue is to dump Samsung Free. Its a pain and not free. We contacted our provider and they gave us a breakdown of when all of my husbands data was used up in just 3 hours. Guess what, it was March 21st ,the date of the latest update which included Samsung Free. Is it possible that Samsung will refund us the overuse of data?? I certainly intend to try

0 Likes
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

There certainly has been an update. March 21, and they downloaded Samsung Free. It decides to use your mobile data instead of your WiFi, resulting in you using all youd mobile data in a very short time. Search how to disable it, there are You tube videos showing you how to do it

0 Likes
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

Please, everyone disable Samsung Free. Its a data glutton. Search how to disable it and there is a You Tube video showing what to do. It is a totally uneccesary news app.

0 Likes
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, we had same problem. Today we contacted our provider, they gave us a breakdown of when the excessive data usage happened. It was March 21, and in 3 hours all the mobile data was used causing a £30 bill. So I have searched and found that Samsung Free was installed on that date. So we have disabled it. Keep swiping right from the home desktop. Hold the screen in an empty place, it will reduce the page display, then on the Samsung Free screen you will see the toggle at the top right, switch it off!!! And let everyone else know

0 Likes
Members_yV23P8U
Apprentice
Options

Disable Samsung Free, the last update was March 21 and all the data on my husbands phone was used up. 

0 Likes
Members_8lIa4rL
First Poster
Options

Same issue on Samsung s20 this month. Cost me a fortune in data over 2 days! This is ridiculous, how can this be a recurring issue over so many years, poor service. Iphone switch on the cards.

68GB!!!

0 Likes