Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung cloud to OneDrive - Order of photos completely messed up

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 01:30 PM)
nick8weir
Student
Options

I've finally gottten around to swapping my photos from the Samsung cloud to OneDrive and am really not happy. About a third of my saved pictures have just had their dates removed so now appear completely out of sync with how they were on my phone. This is currently affecting 536 photos/videos that I have saved in my gallery. 

Why hasn't OneDrive just kept the same date that these were saved to my phone and how do I fix this? Can I move these back to Samsung cloud?

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think once a person has completed the change to One Drive I'm not sure that can be reversed @nick8weir 

I'm very happy with the way Samsung Cloud saves my data, settings and gallery so I'm not looking forward to being forced to make the change myself so that my photo's are saved in One Drive.

I also back up to Dropbox as a just in case.

I just wish Samsung would leave well alone and not try to fix something that's already working 😞

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Hi, I also don't like an automatic process of backup. I never can find my data...

Maybe this article about backing up will be helpful: About data backup

There is some configuration but then you can sleep without bad dreams.

P.S. If our answers were helpful fot you, please don't forget to mark them as solution. Thanks.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
Talstails
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me..any fix please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have now the same problem.

Are there any solutions now?

nick8weir
Student
Options
Still same issue for me. Doesnt look like there is a fix
Members_HG2wEE9
Student
Options

I have the same problem. Using samsung photo sync to onedrive changes all the creation anf changes date such that there is no way to properly sort the photos per date anymore in the onedrive cloud.

All the exif and other tag should be kept untouched duri g sync

0 Likes
Hillcreek
First Poster
Options

Samsung, this is terrible! Please fix!

DrAlpha
Journeyman
Options

I agree same problem in 2022, when I download photos onto a new phone it says around 1000 photos were taken on the day of the download. 

0 Likes