Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9 wifi internet may not be available.

(Topic created on: 12/04/18 20:13)
scott2923
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have two s9 phones both over last few days since a samsung update on 8th April are coming up an exclamation mark when connecting to my wifi saying internet not available. This happens when it switches between my 2g and 5g ssids. The phones are indeed connected to my wifi as when turning off mobile data and connected to wifi I still get web pages. Although with this error can't download from Google play or connect to anything on my lan.

The issue goes away if I turn off 5g ssid on my router not ideal!! Router has latest firmware and all other devices connect fine as well as an old htc m8 phone no issues only on two s9 phones do I get this anyone any ideas.same issue here although on s8 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/help...

61 REPLIES 61
ausworkshop
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've wasted hours trying to fix this as I run my business from home and recently upgraded to an S9. I thenwent back to my S5 on same wifi and all hardware works fine. The S5 even has much better range. I'm so disappointed as I have since givenmy s5 away as I didn't think I'd need it. I run my own business and it was hard for me financially to go to the S9 after being unsure for years if I even needed an upgrade. Everything takes me longer to do on the S9 and troubleshooting intermittent problems that I still can't fix. I don't have time to be one of your testers Samsung. I pay money and expect better. Next phone will be something different. I've given all I can and no longer trust my S9 will stay connected when it needs to be reliably!

0 Likes
kai00051
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same problem here.  My family has 2 ipads, 2 kindles, 2 S7's, 2 Nest Cams, Chamberlain garage door, 1 Roku TV and a Chromecast device - NONE of which have problems.

I get an S9+ through Spectrum Mobile (up to date on software), and it cannot, CANNOT, stay on my Orbi mesh network (router and one satellite - both up to date on firmware).  The 2.4 and 5 are named the same (by design) and the phone just bounces back and forth all day long between the 2.4 to 5, and in the meanwhile uses data when struggling with wifi.

My other phones don't even see 2 networks, just one.  The S9+ displays the network twice.

Specturm is no help.  Samsung is no help.  Netgear was no help.

So frustrating.

AharonG
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have 4 Samsung phones at home: S9, two A5 and J7pro. All of them have the same problem with 5g router. The only solution that works - assigning static IP. Other devices I have - Xaomi and Lenovo don't have this problem. 

Correction: checked again - J7pro has no such a problem , just 3 other phones. 

0 Likes
forcedfx
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Setting a static IP fixed the problem immediately for me. Not a practical solution though.

0 Likes
shae68
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You have wifi issues. Get the word out. My phone would not connect to my home wifi.
I got a new router from ATT. This one has dual bands with 2.4G & 5G. If you just roll the settings from your old router, it only rolls old settings to the old one (2.4G). The 5G remains in factory default. Check settings on router, Phone may be trying to connect on the band that has the factory password. It's not the phone, no one has to do in kinda funky ip setting stuff. Check router settings. Find out what the name of the band is, rename it, change password and connect.

0 Likes
MMG01
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I also have a similar issue. I have connected my ipone, Samsung S7 Edge, and the new S9 that i just bought to the same wifi network, and all the other phones are fine EXCEPT FOR THIS S9!!! it is super frustrating. and i  brought this to the samsung service center and they tried to do some system update or something, but up to now the issue is unresolved. so frustrating!!!

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

BRF5 fixed this problem on my S9+.

Great work Samsung.

I hope Samsung will see the changes between BRF5 and BRF8. I am not 100% sure but I thing  BRF8  resurrect this bug.

BRF3 wifi bug - FAILED

BRF5 wifi bug was fixed - PASS

BRF8 wifi bug was resurrect again - FAILED

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Well, I thing bug was fixed with BRF8 but today I have problem again. Also my router is old and not have any 5Ghz. Wifi type is N. DHCP is active.
0 Likes
Thatguy215
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This may sound stupid but....I experienced the wifi issue...reset a bunch of things and it still didn't work.. checked my home network profile and my router had paused my device from using WiFi...unpaused device and the problem was solved...hope this helps someone

0 Likes
Just4Fun
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the same issue S9+ and changed the DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 and static IP, but come on I cant do this for every WIFI SSID. Samsung needs to find a solution for this problem as soon as problem. My Galaxy S8 does not have this issue.

0 Likes
Pichugirl
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Has anyone found a solution? I am incredibly frustrated this is ridiculous. I have no choice but to return the phone and switch to apple. 

0 Likes
citroen
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This is a fix that Samsung advised me to do.

Reset wifi by going to general management, reset, reset network setting,s and re-entering the wifi password.

Now it is all ok again.

0 Likes
Reckoner
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This worked for me, thanks!

This is a fix that Samsung advised me to do.

Reset wifi by going to general management, reset, reset network setting,s and re-entering the wifi password.

Now it is all ok again.

Phuwanut
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mine's the opposite

My s9+ connects to 5G wifi fine, but kicks me out immediately after connecting to 2.4G wifi on the same router, tried resetting settings, didn't help.

Now I have to hug my router for dear life because of the short range of 5G wifi...

PLEASE FIX THIS SAMSUNG

My iPhones, iPads, laptops and microcontrollers are connecting and working fine, even the PSP connects...

But not my s9+? What?

0 Likes
suziewidow
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I was also facing the same issue. After that I have tried several methods to fix the issue and now my Internet is working perfectly fine. I have tried methods given here - https://www.tricksntech.com/wifi-connected-but-no-internet-access/

So, try each method one by one and the problem will be solved.

0 Likes
suziewidow
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I was also facing the same issue. After that I have tried several methods to fix the issue and now my Internet is working perfectly fine. So, try each method one by one and fix Wifi connected but no Internet access problem by yourself.

0 Likes
DexterP
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same here ! Appart from completely resetting the phone : I've tried everything ! 

Solution #1: Force reboot

Solution #2: Refresh the system cache

Solution #3: Forget wifi network/s

Solution #4: Reset network settings

Solution #5: Connect to wifi while on safe mode

I've even resetted and fooled around with my router(s!), security, not security ...  laptops work fine on wifi, i've tried the Static IP trick, to no avail ! 😞 

I am completely out of options now ! 

Right now :  i'm going out to Tim Horton'S and friends house to see if it works there ...  

What else have you got Samsung to me me rage against this DAMNED PHONE !?!?!?!?!?  
(cause wifi not working is CERTAINLY NOT the only downside of that abobination of a phone !!!)

0 Likes
gherman222
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I had the same problem, but remembered that I had changed the settings in Private DNS. Set it back to automatic, and wifi works fine.

Volgera
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks you so much. My mom  used the wifi on an interstate bus, wich had wifi connection. That changed rhe private DNS to a fixed value. By changing it back to auto did the trick. 

0 Likes
Fancybanksy
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've noticed when using the wifi analyzer app that when I turn off my wifi, it can detect 5ghz networks. However all 5ghz disappears as soon as I turn on the wifi on my phone. Anyone else notice this?

This is extremely annoying. My iPhone 6s gets 145mbps down and 150mbps up but my S9+ gets 50 down and 50 up. 

0 Likes