Did you mean: 

S9 wifi does not work

(Topic created on: 25-12-2020 08:14 PM)
Tristan3451
Student
Options

Hi,

Since latest update my wifi does not work:

The Wifi symbol shows but sometimes with an explanation mark, but with or without an explanation mark the internet does not load. This does not happen with any other devices on the network, so must be a problem with phone.

I have tried:

1. Network reset
2. clear network cache
3. Forget and reload

4. Forced restart (lower volume, bixby and power key)

5. Changing wifi router mode to Ghz to B, or G or other combinations

6. Changing internet channel

7. Disabling Hotspot 2.0

None of these solutions work. Whenever I try something, it works for a few minutes then after that the internet fails to load or work for anything.

A year ago wifi kept dropping, changing ghz frequency and disabling hotspot 2.0 then fixed, this time problem isn't solved by those previous solutions.

Any solutions for this irritating problem? My guess its a bug that affect compatability with wifi router.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Kieronm
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the same issues. Very frustrating
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello,

Which update did you complete on the phone and was it downloaded via the phone's software updates section ?

Will the phone connect to other Wi-Fi sources such as another person's Home Broadband Wi-Fi or a shops etc ?

When I was having issues a while ago splitting my routers frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5ghz helped.

Sending a bug report to Samsung via your Samsung Members App is the next step @Tristan3451  and @Kieronm 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes