Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 using home bandwidth even when not in use

(Topic created on: 14-01-2022 02:56 PM)
tae111
First Poster
Options

I have Verizon DSL service in my home. Sometimes it will get super slow.  Around 0.50 Mbps. When that happens all I do is turn off my S9's WIFI and the speed jumps right back to where it's supposed to be.  Around 6.0 Mbps.  That happens while my phone is not in use and is just sitting on the table. This has happened quite a few times. Anyone know why this happens?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You probably have some apps using a lot of data. Try going to settings, connections, data usage ,WiFi data usage to see what's eating your bandwidth.
0 Likes
tae111
First Poster
Options

The biggest WIFI usage is Cloud. That is 4.83 GB. The next is Google play store at 1.13. All the rest are between 0.01 and 0.08 which seems pretty small. That's for a month long time period also. I have turned off Allow background data usage for those but it doesn't seem to make a difference. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Disabling sync will resolve the data usage but then and I'm assuming it's photos don't get backed up unless you use another method like saving to PC.
0 Likes
tae111
First Poster
Options

I actually do use my PC for backing up my photos. How exactly do I disable sync? 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If using One Drive, see https://www.windowsdispatch.com/stop-onedrive-android-automatically-syncing-photos/
For most apps, it's settings, accounts, select app and turn off sync. Hope this is helpful.
0 Likes