Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Update

(Topic created on: 28-04-2021 07:50 PM)
AdieDorset
Journeyman
Options
Since an update a few days ago my battery drainage is terrible. I close all background apps down but within a hour 85 apps open up and kill the battery. Whenever i kill the apps its always 85 apps closed in the background. Help !!

Does anybody from Samsung respond to these posts, seems there is a problem and people just have to live with it ?
7 REPLIES 7
RoRoMac
Student
Options
Same! My screen going black and phone heating up terribly.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Would recommend a 'wipe cache' and make sure all apps are updated both from Samsung and Google store.
0 Likes
AdieDorset
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, did all that no change
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under App permissions check which apps have access to location and only keep the ones you really need as always, rest put as when app is opened.

Don't kill all apps as when they restart they will try to refresh everything and drain more battery.

You need to check what apps are draining battery in background and act accordingly.

If it's a wide spread issue caused my an update, Samsung will probably fix it with another one.
NotanIphone
Apprentice
Options

Same here. After update battery drains fast. Phone gets hot. Terrible.

JMan
First Poster
Options
Me too. After latest update the battery of my S9 is intermittently draining, phone getting hot. Google Play Services is the app which is showing as using most battery life.
Barrie1
Navigator
Options
Try downloading the good guardians app from the galaxy store,you can then download the four apps as shown in the photo,The galaxy app booster is the one I use after an update20210723_151624_001_2167.jpg
0 Likes