Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 update

(Topic created on: 21-04-2022 11:38 PM)
vicky42
Pioneer
Options
When is the software update for s9, the last one was nov, but i heard its supposed to be every 3 months
🤷‍♀️🤷♀️
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
Knox will keep your data safe to a degree but eventually, even it will be compromised. When that happens, Samsung will fix it for the latest phones but the S9 will miss out. The best advice I can give you is to keep the data on your device to a minimum. Move anything you can to your computer (if you have one) or cloud storage (you can use multiple free accounts if you can't afford to pay for it). In essence, trust your device less and less as time goes on.

I feel you on the limited funds. Its the only reason I haven't upgraded yet. What I would say is that even the budget end of Samsung phones would outperform an S9 these days so don't rule them out as an option.
Issyf
Explorer
Options
Thank you I appreciate you taking the time to reply.
Issyf
Explorer
Options
Ive bitten the bullet and ordered an A53 5g, just released and will have 4 years support !
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
Good choice. Its the goldilocks Samsung phone for this year. Not too costly and not too compromised in terms of power. I'm trying to convince myself to get the A53 instead of an S22! Hope you have a long and happy 4 years together! 😄
vicky42
Pioneer
Options
Im still not sure which i should be looking at to get, im not paying £100's for a phone, but dont want an old phone
0 Likes
Issyf
Explorer
Options
The A53 is around £300 I think its the best value. The S series are just thst much dearer ,I couldn't justify it, my son gave me this S9 2 years ago so its done really well , but I don't use it to its full potential, so the A53 seems to be a good choice .
Issyf
Explorer
Options
Sorry, typo ,the phone is around £400.
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
Hi Vicky. Samsung have a wide range of phones from budget to premium. As I said to Issyf, the A53 is a mid-teir (goldilocks) phone that isn't as costly as a premium phone but does have lower specification than a premium. Because budgets are tight these days, you may want to look at the budget range. They compromise alot more on the specification but, and its a big but, all the budget phones are far more capable than the S9. There is some crossover between the Samsung A & M ranges. The lower number A models (such as A23 or A12) are budget devices that are under £150 but would beat an S9 hands down. The M range is the budget range and has a couple more expensive phones. But the remainder should be relatively cheap, around the £100 mark. Hope that helps you a bit.
Issyf
Explorer
Options
I got it ! It's nice, all set up, takes a big of getting used to the different bits etc but happy ! Nice sound, lovely clear camera, comes with a c to c charge cable but no charger it supports a 25w super fast charger I've got my so one but have ordered a new one 😀 20220425_184947_29_1650908987.jpg
0 Likes
RichHaynes
Explorer
Options
Sounds good! Glad you like it. I'm jealous of the camera you now have. I tried to take a picture of a heron earlier and all the pictures are full of noise. That camera would have got it nicely. I'm saving up for an A53 myself now. I'm desperate for 5G.