Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Text message ringtone

(Topic created on: 09-03-2018 07:03 PM)
Jarvo
Apprentice
Options

I can’t seem to assign different tunes to individual Contacts messages anymore but still can with their Call ringtone. Am I doing something wrong, any help TIA.

Go to solution
451 REPLIES 451
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options
If you check back I've put some screen shots on to help people.
Arlette3
Explorer
Options
yes, I got the info now. I'll see if I can give it a go, thanks!
Arlette
0 Likes
Arlette3
Explorer
Options

My message app is 4.4.20.10 and it says it is the latest version. No customizations on threads. 😞

0 Likes
Tangoman65
Pioneer
Options
I'm in the uk. Us hasn't been updated. Also as you are on a phone lower than an S9 then the update may be delayed. Not sure. The only suggestion could be to email samsung cust serv direct . Hope it helps.
Arlette3
Explorer
Options

Thank you much! Guess I'll have to be patient. *sigh* I have messaged and emailed Samsung Canada. I just don't get how they didn't realize this was such an important feature. Such a daft move. But is seems like it made things easier for them, which ends up being more important than what is best for their customers. Sigh...and I have been a loyal Galaxy user for a long time.  A

0 Likes
Solution
AndroidGuru
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There is an another option if you dont have update for app yet. Download and install apk manually from Apkmirror. Just download the newest one and give it a try. It works for me on S7/S7 Edge, S8/S8+ and also S9/S9+. Let me know if it helps. Regards.

Edit: ON S8 4.4.30.5 works aswell.

Eror
Explorer
Options

Android messages does not have the option to do individual message tones,  on the previous Samsung phones the option is in the contact app, when u edit a contact you can assign a ring tone and a message tone

Bring it back samsung

AndroidGuru
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Eror wrote:

Android messages does not have the option to do individual message tones,  on the previous Samsung phones the option is in the contact app, when u edit a contact you can assign a ring tone and a message tone

Bring it back samsung

Screenshot_20180620-091555_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20180620-091606_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20180620-091623_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20180620-091650_Settings.jpg

In updated Samsung Messages looks like this and for me it is kinda same like the option in Contacts before Oreo update.

S9user1
Apprentice
Options

This has really been a huge inconvenience.. Even the J3 gar the ability to have different notification tones for everything except texts... so you could have a tone for all texts, and a much quieter tone for things like Facebook or your kids Instagram account.  This is now a huge inconvenience because I want to get notified on my Facebook but I dont want to pay attention while I am at work, but need my texts while I am at work.  On the s9, you only get to choose one notification tone.  Please advise when this is corrected.

S9user1
Apprentice
Options
Seriously, this was March when you wrote.... is there an update. This is frustrating to be missing this feature. My whole family has Samsungs... we regret those that have migrated to the s9 because of this.