Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9+ super slow mode

(Topic created on: 11/03/18 18:57)
Mooo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So yh the super slow mo advertised around is nothing compared to what it is. The adverts and release made it look so clear and awesome. In contrast my super slow camera mode is blurry all the time, sometimes when it isnt bad it goes even more blurry. Every other mode is perfect. Feels like there's something wrong with the camera or super slow mode. Anyone else having issues? Not fully tried the camera but seems like the pictures in low light again don't seem that amazing as made out.

26 REPLIES 26
SkyUk
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

My super slow mo just crashed the camera app or freezes the picture in the view finder and simply doesn;t work. I've been impressed with the low light capability though

Mooo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Wow that definitely doesn't sound right. It's really blurry for me. I think it could be a software problem, I've reported it to samsung lets see if any other people have the same issue. I've not had a realistic chance to test the low light what conditions did you take the pictures in?
FaisalRoanldo
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hi did u got any replies fro. Samsung about the blurry and dark slow motion camera?
0 Likes
Gav4b
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yeah have the same issue, mines is also very dark looking low quality not what I expected

Mooo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Yh exactly. Doesn't look like what they advertised I tried messing around with the settings which made no difference. I reckon it could be a software problem. I've reported it through the camera app, maybe they may respond or if others have the same issue they may fix it
0 Likes
KellyByrnes
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

0 Likes
KellyByrnes
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mine is absolutely terrible too! I've reported the problem and was asked to do a few things and nothing has changed. The actual camera is fantastic but the super slow - mo is horrendous. 

I bought this phone after watching the slow mo on the launch and agree it's nothing like the video they did. 

Arjrza
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Slow motion modeSlow motion mode

Normal modeNormal mode

I got the same problem.it really sucks! Im from the Philippines  and this is way not close to the one they advertised. 

inadbso
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the same issue. What did you do to resolve this? Im from Philippines also. Thanjs

0 Likes
mcomeau334
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The only solution is better light, and a lot. 960fps is a lot of frames per second.  So not enough light will come through indoors, most of the time. Go outside and record a bird, or a car driving by, and it will look great. 

Seriously, look up the X-men Movie, days of futures past, and look for how they did they did the scenes for quicksilver. They had SO MUCH light on him that they had to actually take breaks because it got to hot. 

This is is a common issue with slow motion. Some cameras are definitely better than others, but the only real fix is to have proper lighting. 

Good luck. 

0 Likes
SithLord
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Easy way to demonstrate the light needed.

960 frames in 1 second

Means shutter of 1/960

Put camera in pro mode.

Now choose shutter of 1/1000.

That's the problem right there... light.

With massive light tho, you can create wonderful things..

https://youtu.be/Lt0PttVKcAQ

https://youtu.be/9M_eEzs2eas

mcomeau334
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Exactly right.   I had found an animation online to show someone how slow motion works. Once they saw the process, they understood... and ended up making some really awesome vids. 😊

0 Likes
Freestyle7
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Have to agree with these messages. Mine is terrible too. The video size is poor to on the TV screen when mirroring the phone 

0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Mooowrote:

So yh the super slow mo advertised around is nothing compared to what it is. The adverts and release made it look so clear and awesome. In contrast my super slow camera mode is blurry all the time, sometimes when it isnt bad it goes even more blurry. Every other mode is perfect. Feels like there's something wrong with the camera or super slow mode. Anyone else having issues? Not fully tried the camera but seems like the pictures in low light again don't seem that amazing as made out.

A recent software update was released regarding Camera stability, Please try updating the Software version

see if this resolve the issue. 

Alternatively you could try clearing the Cache/Data on the camera device.

Settings - Menu (3 Dots in the top right hand corner) - Show System App's - Find the appropriate App -

Clear Data/Cache from that application see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Mooo
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi I've done the update as soon as it came out. I've also cleared the camera cache no joy at all. Still the same blurryness.

0 Likes
Betareviewer
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yeah, to be honest im also disappointed with the quality of super slow motion.

Super slow motion does not do well with low or dingy lighting at all, i HAVE had it working and it did come out well, however it took me a good 10 minutes to get the ideal lighting and angle for it to be a reasonable quality video. Another thing that lets the super slow motion down is the amount of capture time. For now i am just using the normal slow motion feature which produces a better quality video and easier to use in most enviroments. I did a normal slow motion video comparison with my friends iphone 8 and in my opinion the iphone actually took a better quality standard slow motion video than the S9+ which was dissapointing especially when Samsung has boasted so much about their S9 models camera capabilities, it was also easier to use in on the iphone, even though i am a true android lover i have to give it to apple they have done a good job with there camera in all aspects including how easy it is to use, the shutter speed and the quality in what it captures.

I believe however with all that been said, this is a software issue and not a hardware problem, when you consider the quality and spec of hardware components in the S9 cameras. Hopefully Samsung releases a software update soon which fixes the issues.

Screenshot_20180415-101915_Video Player.jpg

0 Likes
Kyleknight
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Super slow mo is terrible nothing like it is on the advert. Was a major reason I got this phone and I will be returning it if it isn't fixed asap

0 Likes
Stacey1989
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Mine is terrirable too has been since the day i opened the phone very disapointed ive reported it through the camrea app ive cleared the camrea date and still the same.

0 Likes
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Stacey1989wrote:

Mine is terrirable too has been since the day i opened the phone very disapointed ive reported it through the camrea app ive cleared the camrea date and still the same.

Have you got an SD card within the device? If so please try and remove the SD see if that resolves the issue.

Also check for Software update's regarding camera stability. 

0 Likes
Stacey1989
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Ive done the update which it needed. Checked and still the same ive took sd card out and still no diffrent ive also reset the settings on the camrea.
0 Likes