Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9+ Storage Issues

(Topic created on: 26-09-2020 03:48 AM)
mhall1884
First Poster
Options

I've been dealing with having my internal storage almost full for months. I've tried every solution that I've found that worked for other people. My trash bins are empty and yet I'm still almost at capacity. I go to Settings - Device Care - Storage - Advanced - Internal Storage and it states that I have 28.4G of photos and videos, yet in the device care menu, I have less than 100MB of photos and videos... This is driving me insane. I can't find where all this storage is being used. I've read that people have found a couple of apps that had a crazy amount of storage being used (30G+) I don't have any crazy issues with my apps either. They are all normal, so that's not the issue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
mhall1884
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20200925-202307_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200925-202300_Device care.jpg

 Here are photos of both sections.

0 Likes
Meh90
Pathfinder
Options
see my Samsung data, its different information on pages like you.

I use a app called disk usage, the green icon one to show data more accurately.

it splits data into media or apps.
from there you can see what's taking up your storage space
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If you can't find where the storage is being used and feel the stats being given are false then my suggestion is to.....

1. Turn the phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's system files and clear the system cache files. No info is lost this way.

2. If that fails then consider a back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "