Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

(Topic created on: 29/04/18 00:25)
Bev2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have just been talking on a call and the speaker phone kept cutting out and then returning. Can you help?

1,408 REPLIES 1,408
Adnaan
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Lol, yay internet fame :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
too bad they think that ur workaround works🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
soullesstrance
Pathfinder
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Will try it nothing to lose
0 Likes
Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Tried already...doesn't work..sorry
0 Likes
Adnaan
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Div wrote:
too bad they think that ur workaround works🤣🤣🤣

That's a good point, I should state that this "fix" has worked for me (so far) but a few other people have tried and have had no luck. So a proper fix from Samsung is still required. 

0 Likes
Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Well actually adnaan its good if others also triy...like you didn't have any luck earlier but are getting lucky now..i would actually like to hear from others and see if i helps..hoping to hear more positive feedbacks....please keep us updated..thanks

0 Likes
SylK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, for my S9+ (Vodafone/ Ireland)  is not helping.

0 Likes
SylK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I bought my phone on Wednesday 17th April and I didn't have any problems until this Thursday. And since then I have calls dropped/ few seconds silent during phone calls, people have to try few times to call me because "I'm not available". I thought I'm lucky one and I was for a week. It looks that situation has changed after last update installed on 25th. I hope I will be able to return this phone on Monday before my cooling off period ends.
0 Likes
Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same here, a friend once called me on messenger because he could not call me on phone...you wont notice this because the other party  wont bother to tell you... i have absolutely no idea about how many others might have tried to reach me. That's another big problem. 

0 Likes
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@SylK wrote:

Hi, for my S9+ (Vodafone/ Ireland)  is not helping.

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Android-Devices/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-dropped-calls/td-p/217102

Maybe post here and let Vodafone Ireland know you're having the issue too. I regret not returing it within the 28 days.

0 Likes
Yusufvali
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Best news ever is that finally it's getting mainstream media... Let hope for the national newspapers and others to start reporting it, as Samsung are heavily advertising a faulty product.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2018/04/galaxy-s9-plus-call-drop-issue-seems-to-be-global.html

0 Likes
Doddy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Excellent, well at least someone reads what we say.  After Androidheadlines said there was only a dozen users I wrote to their management with links to this forum and deatisl of the extent of the problem and fair play to them, it looks like they acted and read our comments.  We just need the rest of the media to pick it up now.  Samsung, what did you think of this article, get ready for the share price to dive when others pick it up and it will be nothing less than you deserve having treated us loyal customers so badly!!!

Jon67
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I’m on my second phone in the last month. The replacement was ok for about a week but every call I have made today has dropped the sound several times. 

I phoned Samsung customer support in the UK and they are aware of the issue and are quite certain it is a software problem .

He asked me all my phone info, inc imei, serial numbers, software version, network  etc as he said they were trying to compile a list of faulty phones to try and discover a common factor between the faulty and non faulty ones to enable a fix to be sorted out.

Hoplefully this will be sooner rather than later as is ruining what otherwise is an excellent phone.

DinyM
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I would like Samsung to contact me and work through me to provide a version of the S9 with fixed hardware to test in each region. 

Apart from gathering the list of all countries and providers reporting this problem, I have compiled a list of:

1) the first S9 user in each region having the "silence on calls"  issues on their S9.

2) the most active complainants on all forums who are also very unhappy Samsung fans and are having this problem.

Samsung, please let the people who have brought this problem to attention help solve it!

Gerkygirl
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Even though I gave up and took a refund after three failed handsets (Vodafone  network, Ireland)  I've still been following this with great interest.

I am even more disgusted for you all that it STILL hasn't been resolved. 

I'm absolutely speechless that this hasn't been picked up by the major tech press!? How is that even possible? I too have been continuing to tweet about it and it's getting me no where. I spoke to a girl in the 3 network here in Ireland and asked how many S9/S9+ handsets she'd had returned and she said none?! She was totally unaware that there was an issue???

I'm starting to think I imagined the issue but then I see all these comments from all over the globe and I remember I am NOT going insane!!

It's gone beyond a joke now and even though I was thinking to myself, when the issue gets sorted, I'll try again with the S9+. But. You know what?! I'm not so sure I will.

I'm disgusted, appalled, disappointed and down right angry with Samsung's blatant disregard for its customers by not even having the decency to put their hand up and say, we have an issue, we know there's an issue AND we're working to sort it as quickly as we can.

Their silence speaks volumes as to what they think of their consumer. 

djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Gerkygirl wrote:

Even though I gave up and took a refund after three failed handsets (Vodafone  network, Ireland)  I've still been following this with great interest.

I am even more disgusted for you all that it STILL hasn't been resolved. 

I'm absolutely speechless that this hasn't been picked up by the major tech press!? How is that even possible? I too have been continuing to tweet about it and it's getting me no where. I spoke to a girl in the 3 network here in Ireland and asked how many S9/S9+ handsets she'd had returned and she said none?! She was totally unaware that there was an issue???

I find that almost impossible to believe tbh how can they not have returned one?

Ive been commenting on the BIG youtubers reviews asking why they dont mention it? And they all say they dont have the problem! 

It just makes no sense how anyone can not have the problem. Only thing I can think of is all these teenagers they just snapchat, facebook, text etc probably never make a phone call to know there is any problem!

0 Likes
zee54
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
0 Likes
almadaba
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Update from http://piunikaweb.com/2018/04/13/samsung-confirms-galaxy-s9-call-dropmute-issues-fix-coming-soon/

Update (April 28):

The promised fix may come any day now.

Got next call with Samsung help center , the consultant promissed that the fix is just days ahead (end of april begin of may as the last consultant told me) and will fix this software problem for sure and it wont be any recall as with note 7 [booom]

0 Likes
dcro1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, I've had this problem and been fairly tortured with it due to also using the phone for work. To add to to the issue the Samsung store in my city, Newcastle, has conveniently had to send away their RF (Radio Frequency) machine used to test hardware and been missing now for weeks. A software update has been released this morning to me but is badged as improving security - no mention of call stability - but maybe they want to keep it on the downlow. Haven't tested it yet.Screenshot_20180429-083420_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
Funkyfrog56
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've had this update this morning too but if you actually click on the link it provides it then says it's improved "Call Stability".  I've updated but not needed to make any calls yet.  So fingers crossed it's fixed.  I took my phone into my local Samsung Shop and they were adamant that it was "network environment".  My colleague brought hers too and even when they performed tests on both phones and the error occurred on both phones, they said there was nothing wrong with phones.  We tried to tell them about the pages and pages of faults reported online across the globe and how Samsung Tech had actually acknowledged the fault in some places but guess what, they remained oblivious!  Samsung Shops are the worst!  Their customer service is shocking!

0 Likes
Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Users who received messages from samsung on Facebook aadmitting the issue...can you please share a screenshot for the rest of the people who are still being told that the phone has no issues

0 Likes