Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S9 speaker phone cutting out on call

(Topic created on: 29/04/18 00:01)
Bev2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have just been talking on a call and the speaker phone kept cutting out and then returning. Can you help?

1,408 REPLIES 1,408
djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@misty71 wrote:

@Div wrote:

Users who received messages from samsung on Facebook aadmitting the issue...can you please share a screenshot for the rest of the people who are still being told that the phone has no issues

20180429_144643.jpg

Yeah but that says "network issues"

Yeah Samsung that'd be more or less every network on the planet!

It's like the person whose every problem is the fault of somebody else!

Hey Samsung maybe the problem is YOU!

misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Lee the follow up to that was "we have been advised that this software update is intended to resolve such issues."

Except it didn't. 

0 Likes
Vogal
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's funny that it's a lot worst when I'm in work (less signal perhaps). When I'm outdoors, I can make some calls with  no issue.  

At work it's really terrible.

0 Likes
Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Oh god! So i have experienced the same thing..i made an international call that laster 48 minutes and i was on a bus...there was no silence or drop..porbably the longest a call that have ever lated on thos phone...calls had no no issues..but yea i did get wierd sound quality the first time called the person..so i had to hang up and call again...surprising that call lasted so long on the move
0 Likes
djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@misty71 wrote:

Lee the follow up to that was "we have been advised that this software update is intended to resolve such issues."

Except it didn't. 

Good grief 😟

0 Likes
Funkyfrog56
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Well I've made one call since the update and guess what, the sound fade problem is still occurring. Come on Samsung, get it fixed!! I flatly refuse to believe that this is a "network environment" issue which is what the shop tried to tell me when far too many people across the globe are reporting the same fault. I got the phone on the release date (March 9th) and had no problems until some time in April when I ran a software update. That is when I started getting call dropping/sound fading issues. This is not a network issue. Virgin will always admit when there is a network problem as they are honest about problems they are having. Sort it out. I am stuck with this phone now because Samsung shop refuse to acknowledge a problem so unless mainstream news get hold of this so I have something to throw at them that they can't ignore then I have no idea what to do.
0 Likes
djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Funkyfrog56 wrote:
Well I've made one call since the update and guess what, the sound fade problem is still occurring. Come on Samsung, get it fixed!! I flatly refuse to believe that this is a "network environment" issue which is what the shop tried to tell me when far too many people across the globe are reporting the same fault. I got the phone on the release date (March 9th) and had no problems until some time in April when I ran a software update. That is when I started getting call dropping/sound fading issues. This is not a network issue. Virgin will always admit when there is a network problem as they are honest about problems they are having. Sort it out. I am stuck with this phone now because Samsung shop refuse to acknowledge a problem so unless mainstream news get hold of this so I have something to throw at them that they can't ignore then I have no idea what to do.

Oh it’s definitely going to get bigger soon. All we need is teenagers to stop Snapchatting and actually make a phone call and it’ll be all over the news

dont forget to like and comment on my videos so I can try and get some conversation going

social media is massive so tweet about it, post on tech gurus YouTube videos that are reviewing the S9/+ Facebook share my videos and ask your friends if they have the problem. Place a message on the Android news article page 

go beyond this forum to spread the word to get Samsung to respond

Yusufvali
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Best thing to do is to email everyone and anyone from Samsung corporate. Same time follow Samsung on Instagram and comment on the pics and explain so others can be put off.. already I have had 2 people msg me from Instagram appreciating the advice. So if we all do this it will start to create a movement of sorts.

Div
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yeah..”the network issues” but with the phone ofcourse...it’s obvious that thennetwork issue is with the phone....they can’t fix the network issue on the service provider side by updating the phone..can they?🤣🤣🤣🤣

0 Likes
DinyM
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

As at 29th April 2018

- Added to the list of S9s with "Silences during calls": Iran (MCI Telecom)

- Added to list of NO ISSUES with calls: Morocco (Orange)

- Added link to Article "Galaxy S9 Plus Call Drop Issue Seems To Be Global"

- Added link to French Petition.

Please post your country and service provider so I can update the appropriate list if you are (or are not) having the same problem with your new S9 or S9+.

UPDATED LIST IS HERE: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/S9-speaker-phone-cutting-out-on-call/m-p/496281/hig...

0 Likes
Hanks1878
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Everyone talking about exchanging the Samsung S9 for something else but what phone out there is good enough to compare with the S9

0 Likes
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Hanks1878 wrote:

Everyone talking about exchanging the Samsung S9 for something else but what phone out there is good enough to compare with the S9

Right now I'd be happy with a phone that was capable of making a call :smiling-face:

SAMSUNG.......SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
djleecharles
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Hanks1878 wrote:

If they fix the problem I dont think there’s anything tbh

but Id have my S8+ back in a hearbeat so wish I hadnt sent it back when I recieved my first replacement I loved that phone. Im even thinking of buying a refurbished or nearly new one off ebay to get me through this year until the S10 comes out.

Im really hoping phone number 4 works when it arrives

0 Likes
Sundaytwist
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm on Vodafone Ireland and raised an official complaint and I have been released from my contract and posting the phone back to them. 

I have a S9+, my calls fade out, drop and when I go from 4G to 3G,  the call quality is abysmal and the line breaks up. I feel so let down by Samsung,  I have been using the Galaxy S devices since the first Galaxy S seven years ago but never again. 

I'm either getting the P20 Pro or Iphone8+ as I need a phone for work emails etc.

0 Likes
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Sundaytwist wrote:

I'm on Vodafone Ireland and raised an official complaint and I have been released from my contract and posting the phone back to them. 

I have a S9+, my calls fade out, drop and when I go from 4G to 3G,  the call quality is abysmal and the line breaks up. I feel so let down by Samsung,  I have been using the Galaxy S devices since the first Galaxy S seven years ago but never again. 

I'm either getting the P20 Pro or Iphone8+ as I need a phone for work emails etc.

Interesting. I'm also with them and was hoping this issue would get sorted but I'm not holding out much hope. How did you manage to get released from the contract? They are insisting I send the phone away to be assessed but I'd rather just have a refund now and go back to using my S6 (with cracked screen!)

0 Likes
Sundaytwist
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I called, raised an official ticket, nothing happened with it for close to a month, and then raised a complaint ticket via this procedure: https://complaints.vodafone.ie/
0 Likes
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Sundaytwist wrote:
I called, raised an official ticket, nothing happened with it for close to a month, and then raised a complaint ticket via this procedure: https://complaints.vodafone.ie/

Cheers for that. I'll get started on it.

Yusufvali
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
0 Likes
Hanks1878
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Everyone is talking about exchanging the Samsung S9 for something else but what phone out there is as good as the S9?

0 Likes
Adnaan
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Div wrote:

Well actually adnaan its good if others also triy...like you didn't have any luck earlier but are getting lucky now..i would actually like to hear from others and see if i helps..hoping to hear more positive feedbacks....please keep us updated..thanks

Will keep you guys posted, the weird thing is I haven't done any other changes. That being said, with other people not having any luck, I guess its just a waiting game till I get the dreaded call audio drop

0 Likes
misty71
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Adnaan wrote:

@Div wrote:

Well actually adnaan its good if others also triy...like you didn't have any luck earlier but are getting lucky now..i would actually like to hear from others and see if i helps..hoping to hear more positive feedbacks....please keep us updated..thanks

Will keep you guys posted, the weird thing is I haven't done any other changes. That being said, with other people not having any luck, I guess its just a waiting game till I get the dreaded call audio drop

Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me either.

0 Likes