Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Software Faults After 2 Years

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 04:35 PM)
hebron13
Apprentice
Options
I got my Samsung S9 in November 2019.

The last few months there have been the most random software issues. The most persistent problem is that my phone will turn itself off at least 10 times a day, sometimes for hours at a time. It is like it thinks the battery is dead. Sometimes I have seen it go from 88% to 1% to turning off in my hand.

I cannot express how frustrating it is. This morning, it had happened 4 times before 9am. You just can't get anything done.

The solution has either been that I can turn it back on immediately, have to plug it in and then it remembers it has battery and turns back on, or wait hours with nothing happening as it doesn't register it is being charged and then eventually for some reason it finally works again? It is so unreliable and untenable!

The other issues are more random. 1. Sometimes if I have to swipe down from the top of the screen to access the menu, it will not work and instead the entire screen will now not respond to touch. This will happen every time I try for a few hours, and then suddenly the problem will go. 2. It turns the WiFi function off and removes that connection which absolutely KILLS my data because I have no idea it has happened. When I do spot it and try to turn WiFi back on, it will not work unless I turn the phone off and on again. This will then happen up to 20 times an hour.

I have tried everything I can think of and am at my wits end. I know some phones start to have issues after 2 years, but this seems excessive and wrong!

Could this all be from the November software update? I can't think of any other reason.
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try clicking on device care app
Then battery
And click on the blue graph
It will show a list of apps
Which you put to sleep
If using high amount of battery usage
If running in the background
0 Likes
hebron13
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I have done this - the problem is it is more like the battery THINKS it is low when really it is not? i.e. It will go from 100% to turning off in the blink of an eye.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Yes it does sound like a faulty battery have you tried A diagnostic test by clicking on the get help button At the bottom of the samsung members page
0 Likes
hebron13
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have, weirdly says there is no problem!
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
When was the last time you cleared the system cache?
hebron13
Apprentice
Options
Ah not sure, I'll try that now! Thank you.
0 Likes
hebron13
Apprentice
Options
All I can find is the cache for individual apps. Is there a system cache for the phone itself?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Connect your phone to a PC and follow these steps:-

Turn off your Samsung Galaxy phone

You can do this by holding the power button until the options pop up on your display

Choose turn off and let your phone switch off completely

Now hold the volume up and the Bixby button on your phone

While still holding them, press and hold the power button as well

After the logo is displayed, you will see the message Installing System Update on your display for up to 60 seconds

Allow your phone to process the files until Android finally boots up in Recovery/ Safe mode

You can navigate inside this menu only using the volume up and volume down buttons

Keep pressing the button until the highlight marker reaches wipe cache partition

Press the power key to confirm your action

Click on volume keys once again to select yes and use power key to confirm it

Let the process be complete after which you can choose reboot system now and wait for the phone to restart to the home screen

Wait for the Android logo to be displayed on your phone and immediately release all three buttons

hebron13
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I will try that.
0 Likes